GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rosemary (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/138694-re-rosemary.html)

Peter Edwards 09-03-2006 01:41 PM

Rosemary

Our rosemary bushes have been very badly hit here in Stratford-upon-Avon. I
think it was the prolonged freezing conditions during Jan and Feb.

"tahiri" wrote in message
My Rosemary bush is dying and I don't know why. A few weeks back I
realised
all the leaves at one side had died and I just cut out the bad bits and
hoped for the best because there were no clues. (When I say ''one side' I
suppose its the top really because it has always sprawled over to that
side)
Examining the garden now the snow has cleared I see the rest of it has
gone
very pale and hopeless looking.
Can they regrow from old wood? Suppose I cut it right back almost to the
trunk? I have always thought of Rosemary as a really tough plant and its
only about a dozen or so years old.
T.