Old 13-03-2006, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

Default Gardens in Kent

Does anyone have suggestions for a second garden to visit in Kent in
August?
Our gardening club was going to Higham Park and Great Comp and have
found out this morning that the Higham Park has been sold and the new
owners will not be opening for visitors!

We were going to have lunch there as well but another garden on the way
from Amersham to Great Comp would be great.

There are plenty I know but it's finding a good one that will please 50
people.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 13-03-2006, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Does anyone have suggestions for a second garden to visit in Kent in
August?
Our gardening club was going to Higham Park and Great Comp and have
found out this morning that the Higham Park has been sold and the new
owners will not be opening for visitors!

We were going to have lunch there as well but another garden on the way
from Amersham to Great Comp would be great.

There are plenty I know but it's finding a good one that will please 50
people.

Janet

I hope Higham Park is near Canterbury or I am going to look a bit daft
saying this. There are a couple of NT properties but they are rather
south-west of that. Smallhythe Place and Sissinghurst Castle. I have
never been to an NT place that has not failed to please. Otherwise
there is Emmets Garden near Sevenoaks but that is west of Great Comp. I
haven't tried the NT site but just looked in the book. Shall look
later. If you want to try, you may be lucky.
--
June Hughes