Old 14-03-2006, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default Mac help needed:was *** UK.REC.GARDENING NEEDS YOUR HELPPLEASE! ***

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 14/3/06 1:41 pm, in article , "michael
adams" wrote:

Sasha, according to an "expert", on a mac eudora group

quote

In the group list, select the group. (Click on it, so it is hilited)
In the "News" menu, select "Mark Read". (or command-M)
Then all messages are considered to have been read, so in the future
you will see only newly-posted messages.

Unhappily, that doesn't work, either. I've had them all marked as "Read"
for ages but their 'ghosts' are still there. Under 'View', I can select
"View Unread Messages Only", which is what I have been doing. But that
means you can't refer back through other posts in a thread if you've

already
read them. I am sure I'm being very stupid about this and that there must
be a way to clear read messages off my screen but I can't find the way to

do
it. It's never been an issue before so I'm not sure where to start.

You'll nedd to work through all your menus, option by option
until you find one that looks as though it will clear the messages.
The problem is the menu trees aren't always in a logical order,
and its not always obvious which options will be on which menus
or what the options wil actually do.

this is from an Entourage Newsgroup

quote

If you're in Entourage X, you can clear ALL with a preference in Mail &
News-Compose-Clear List button, but the list will fill up again. This
option is not available in 2001.

/quote

I'm not sure if that makes any more sense than what's gone before. But
as I've noted in the other post the fact that your NewsGroup options
are greyed out in the menu (from memory) seems rather strange.

michael adams

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
)

Old 15-03-2006, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
newsb

Default *** UK.REC.GARDENING NEEDS YOUR HELP PLEASE! ***

In article , Sacha
writes

It's probably one of the morons who is currently bombarding this newsgroup
with yet more nonsense posts. What a sad little life THEY must lead!

Indeed - another "one" posting through news.highwinds-media.com - along
with telia, one of the most recent flood sources

--
regards andyw