Old 14-03-2006, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Is anybody there ( 22.20 hrs ref point)

June Hughes wrote:
After a quick scan, it looked to me as though someone there was telling
La Puce off for replying to trolls. Perhaps I missed the bit where they
may or may not have talked about flooding this ng. How on earth would
anyone find that particular thread without doing a Google Groups search
for La Puce? That is a very sad activity to indulge in. Could it be
that they are trying to lay the blame for the flooding on her? I am
certainly glad I only post to two groups or people may be spying on me
too. Come to think of it, they probably already have.

Gawd I had enough of this .... June, read on and let it be done with
once and for all.

In the early 1990s I joined demon.local and posted there for years and
years. We had a few self appointed sig.bunnies - our rules, beside
beleiving in the camel that doesn't exist was to have a compliant sig.
of 4 lines or less. Those with a non compliant sig were picked upon and
thrown out. This was and still is a very robust group. I made many
friends and we have met many times and I am still in touch with many.

A couple of years ago I made a great friend, called ah, who lives in
Virginia. He is a landscape designer and creates the most amazing
gardens. At first everyone replied to him, ask Andyw here - he's been
in demon with me since the beginning. There was no problems until we
started getting flooded by 3 individuals and we had our fair share of
weirdos. Last summer ah got involved with some trolls, to which three
characters from demon were trying to battle with. I say 'trying'
because there's a fine line between saying to a troll 'stop posting'
and starting a conversation as a result of the post. Sadly, all the
sig. bunnies kept nagging the trolls - it was fun for them but all they
did is create even more flooding. The trick is not to reply. Here, we
can see Janet constantly replying which is a really bad idea indeed. I
left it to the boys ... I don't really like confrontation - that is
unless you try to hurt me and then I'll ripost, I will.

However, ah and I became close and exchanged presents and I posted to
him and him to me. We are planning a trip there next April. I went away
in June from the group who by then became totally flooded and I got fed
up with the racial abuse, the homophobia etc. I felt demon had changed
a lot and I didn't like it anymore.

At the end of August I dealt with 2 death of close friends as well as a
demon local member. I posted to the group and convinced ah to tell one
troll to pipe it down as he was becoming abusive. I then started
replying to Tony because he kept telling me to stop posting to ah. I
kept refusing.

I was told in September to stop posting to ah by Tony. a) ah had and
always had a compliant sig., b) he became a friend and not only to me
and c) he is really funny, intelligent etc. So I refused. Rules are
rules. In the meantime two characters kept posting to him, including
Pedt actually. I suggested the unfairness of it all - but it didn't go
down well. Ah was then replying to a lot of trolls, cascading etc. I
kept saying that this wasn't my business and my business was to reply
to ah when he addressed me. I didn't like him for this, but for the
posts we exchanged which were about mostly gardening, dry wall
building, food, plants and dogs etc. In the meantime, perhaps 5 of the
bunnies started replying to a guy who I knew was a troll. I pointed
this out but they said he wasn't. If you pip into demon local now, you
will see that the troll has now completely taken over with a bunch of
kids from the States.

I've managed to keep in touch as we are meeting next month in memory of
our lost friend where his widow will scater his ashes in Cumbria. I
hope I'll be able to get there.

This has never ever been anything to do with me. I don't take part in
cascading, I don't take part in responding to trolls because I know how
they work etc. As a proof, look in this forum and show me somebody
where and when I have cascading, when I have replied to troll, when I
have been abusive without reason etc.

I'm nice, I play nice and get out when I need to get out. I obey the
rules and enjoy the company.

When we lost a friend who died of leukemia and a troll started
impersonnating him, I started posting again because Jennie, his widow
couldn't cope. It was heart breaking to see her having to read all the
garbage. We tried to help her sorting herself out with the technicality
of her emails etc. Then Tony (Rachel's husband from the clematis
nursery) told me that I had written hundreds of emails to ah (who in
turn was posting to the chap impersonnating our lost friend). I said I
had been very busy for the most part of the summer last year and anyway
had left the country and therefore couldn't have written all those
alledge emails. Then the game of 'telling the truth' poped out. It was
a game. By end of December of course I had written lots of email ....
but when Tony first speculated is was only a handful.

The game also is that when I come on, demon wakes up and that happened
many time before. You get comment like 'the good old days are back'
'I'll put the kettle on' etc. We've always had huge rows in demon -
that's the group.

So, I would suggest that before any further crap comes up regarding my
14 years exchange with demon local, Janet and her groupies stop and
read from perhaps the beginning. If you wish I can also forward emails
from many demon local members telling me the unfairness of the battle
and more to the point to 'keep posting'.

The situation of demon local is due to Neil Barker, Craig Oldfield and
Chris Hill who have constantly ignated trolls, abusing them, stalking
them, critisised them etc. They have done this because the group shrank
down, because they refused new comers and called anyone a troll, very
much as Janet is doing. What they didn't realised is that it will
totally sink the group. Which it has.

Janet's vendetta towards me has to stop. And stop right now.

La Puce.

Old 14-03-2006, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
Point is concerning the attempt to deny the use of the gardening group,
which I consider fair comment and within urg charter.

Rusty - not you. Don't tell me you think that Janet is right with her
vendetta. Please tell me it is not so.

Old 14-03-2006, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message .com, La
Puce writes

snip

Gawd I had enough of this .... June, read on and let it be done with
once and for all.

snip

Janet's vendetta towards me has to stop. And stop right now.

La Puce.

That is a very long post indeed but it is my lunchbreak and I have read
it from start to finish. I think in the circumstances we are back to
where we came in a few weeks ago. The answer must be just to ignore
them and they will get fed-up. I shall try to revert to doing just
that.
--
June Hughes
Old 14-03-2006, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 14/3/06 11:47 am, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Rusty Hinge
2 writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:
In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:
"Rupert" wrote in message

Just me trying to do battle with all the garbage

What garbage?

Meanwhile, to explain any new influx of garbage you might want to
look at a thread on demon.local (available on google/groups dated
January 9th and headed "We demand the truth"

Janet
And your point about gardening is?

Point is concerning the attempt to deny the use of the gardening group,
which I consider fair comment and within urg charter.

After a quick scan, it looked to me as though someone there was telling
La Puce off for replying to trolls. Perhaps I missed the bit where they
may or may not have talked about flooding this ng. How on earth would
anyone find that particular thread without doing a Google Groups search
for La Puce? That is a very sad activity to indulge in.

It's a perfectly normal thing to do if anyone is concerned about trouble
being brought to a newsgroup and or individuals on a group. Puce was in
trouble at demon.local for making scores of posts in reply to trolls. If
you look there now, some of them are still posting there and pretty
horribly, too. Puce is not.
Trolls may well have followed her in here and certainly, the troll who
posted here yesterday about this group becoming moderated, also posted the
same thing to rec.ponds, inviting people there to come here. Rec.ponds is
infested with trolls, as is demon.local. These people tend to go round in
circles, upsetting as many people and groups as they can. It is at least
possible that some of them have followed Puce here and we know that a troll
leaped onto her posts at misc.rural and followed her into urg.

Could it be
that they are trying to lay the blame for the flooding on her?

Why did that spring to your mind?

I am
certainly glad I only post to two groups or people may be spying on me
too. Come to think of it, they probably already have.

Splutter........!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-03-2006, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Sacha wrote:
It is at least
possible that some of them have followed Puce here and we know that a troll
leaped onto her posts at misc.rural and followed her into urg.

No it's not. I haven't posted to demon in month, beside one post in
January regarding the Cumbria walk. Sheldon from misc.rural came in
here because Janet crossposted to you and all what I had written on
misc.rural. That's why you saw it.

Sheldon is not a troll. You don't understand the difference between
your own hatred to save a virtual friendship you have on urg and an
actual troll. Sheldon is an individual who has been abused by Janet and
took the opportunity to get even during my banters with Janet on
misc.rural. So stop it now Sacha and do what you do best which is
discuss horticulture and busy yourself with that and that alone.

Old 14-03-2006, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 14/3/06 1:28 pm, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
It is at least
possible that some of them have followed Puce here and we know that a troll
leaped onto her posts at misc.rural and followed her into urg.

No it's not. I haven't posted to demon in month, beside one post in
January regarding the Cumbria walk. Sheldon from misc.rural came in
here because Janet crossposted to you and all what I had written on
misc.rural. That's why you saw it.

Sheldon is not a troll. You don't understand the difference between
your own hatred to save a virtual friendship you have on urg and an
actual troll. Sheldon is an individual who has been abused by Janet and
took the opportunity to get even during my banters with Janet on
misc.rural. So stop it now Sacha and do what you do best which is
discuss horticulture and busy yourself with that and that alone.

I think the person who doesn't know the difference between genuine posters
and trolling is yourself. Sheldon's language and manner of posting and his
deliberate decision to start cross-posting to urg, speak for themselves.
You cosied up to Sheldon. If those are the people you choose to make friends
with, it's no wonder you got into so much trouble at demon.local
People whose idea of fun is to follow people into new groups and make
trouble there are trolls. The trolls you encouraged at demon.local may well
have followed you here to make trouble, too.
And please stop telling me what to do. You wouldn't like one of your new
best friends to think you're one of the "owners" of this group, surely?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-03-2006, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Sacha wrote:
I think the person who doesn't know the difference between genuine posters
and trolling is yourself. Sheldon's language and manner of posting and his
deliberate decision to start cross-posting to urg, speak for themselves.

Language has nothing to do with trolling. Anger is anger Sacha. Sheldon
was angry. I was angry. Many are angry of seeing so many posts by Janet
which are not called for. Look at the last one to Jenny. To poor Jenny
who is as charming and gentle as anything. Who is fun and just so
adorable. What is the matter with you two?!?!?!? Can you just leave it
now?

You cosied up to Sheldon. If those are the people you choose to make friends
with, it's no wonder you got into so much trouble at demon.local

I had no problem with demon local. I have many friends on demon local.
You are again trying to bring me down with false accusation. I haven't
EVER posted to Sheldon. Not one single post. So post your proof before
you write your nonsense. Stop it Sacha.

People whose idea of fun is to follow people into new groups and make
trouble there are trolls. The trolls you encouraged at demon.local may well
have followed you here to make trouble, too.

NO they haven't. I have never posted to trolls. I have posted to ah who
is not a troll but an individual who posted to troll. That is the
difference.

And please stop telling me what to do.

You too. Stop telling me how to run my business, who to write to, what
to say and what to like, what to think and to whom to write or not.

You wouldn't like one of your new
best friends to think you're one of the "owners" of this group, surely?

Now you are being stoopid. Why don't you say to Janet to stop being
nasty to June, Jenny, Martin, Ophellia, Sheldon, myself?!? Why do you
always defend her nasty behaviour? You're a strange woman indeed for
wanting so much trouble.

Just stop it or I'll also dig out nasties about you. Beleive me I will.
So let me be.

Old 14-03-2006, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:28:25 +0000, La Puce wrote
(in article .com):

Sacha wrote:
It is at least
possible that some of them have followed Puce here and we know that a troll
leaped onto her posts at misc.rural and followed her into urg.

No it's not. I haven't posted to demon in month, beside one post in
January regarding the Cumbria walk. Sheldon from misc.rural came in
here because Janet crossposted to you and all what I had written on
misc.rural. That's why you saw it.

I really hate to get into this but I can't let this one go.
Google Groups - search for demon.local. Find posting by La Puce - view
profile - post activity - gives these results for the last few months (sorry
it won't line up):

Post Activity

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

2005 1 31 1 3 34 92 11 47 7 9 6
2006 70 3

So 70 postings in January this year.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 14-03-2006, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Point is concerning the attempt to deny the use of the gardening group,
which I consider fair comment and within urg charter.

And I'm afraid, the thread that Janet cites shows that at demon.local, Puce
has infuriated people by her flirtations with trolls. It is hard to avoid
drawing some unpleasant conclusions and at least wondering if some of her
friends haven't followed her here.

The trick is to know trolls when you see them and then ignore them.

Fair's fair, La Puce may have more difficulty recognising a troll for
what it is than we do.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 14-03-2006, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

/snip/

I am
certainly glad I only post to two groups or people may be spying on me
too. Come to think of it, they probably already have.

YAMI5MIKE&ICM £5

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 14-03-2006, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message .com
from "La Puce" contains these words:

/snip/

kept saying that this wasn't my business and my business was to reply
to ah when he addressed me. I didn't like him for this, but for the
posts we exchanged which were about mostly gardening, dry wall
building, food, plants and dogs etc. In the meantime, perhaps 5 of the
bunnies started replying to a guy who I knew was a troll. I pointed
this out but they said he wasn't. If you pip into demon local now, you
will see that the troll has now completely taken over with a bunch of
kids from the States.

This is really funny - Zetnet closed its own newsgroups to outside ISPs
because of continual trolling and foul language perpetrated almost
entirely by Demon customers...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 14-03-2006, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Sally Thompson wrote:
I really hate to get into this but I can't let this one go.

No you don't hate it, you actually LOVE the torment, the grumpiness,
the trouble. You seem to THRIVE on gossip Sally Thompson!!!!

Google Groups - search for demon.local. Find posting by La Puce - view
profile - post activity - gives these results for the last few months (sorry
it won't line up):
Post Activity
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

2005 1 31 1 3 34 92 11 47 7 9 6
2006 70 3
So 70 postings in January this year.

Yes in 2005. My friend died in September and I posted none this year
Sally. NONE. So learn to read and learn to keep your nose in people's
business.

Old 14-03-2006, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
Point is concerning the attempt to deny the use of the gardening group,
which I consider fair comment and within urg charter.

Rusty - not you. Don't tell me you think that Janet is right with her
vendetta. Please tell me it is not so.

I don't think vendettas are right, full stop.

If people rub each-other up the wrong way, they should take good care to
say nothing which invites a response.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 14-03-2006, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
I don't think vendettas are right, full stop.
If people rub each-other up the wrong way, they should take good care to
say nothing which invites a response.

Fine. Great. Phew ... ! Right, I tried that. The woman is even going at
Jenny now, before that it was June and before that me, Martin etc...

But just out of curiousity - how can you stay still in front of
unfairness. How can you just not do anything in front of the obvious.
My blood boil !! I get furious at injustice. I really do.

Old 14-03-2006, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Rusty Hinge
2 writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

/snip/

I am
certainly glad I only post to two groups or people may be spying on me
too. Come to think of it, they probably already have.

YAMI5MIKE&ICM £5

YALL&ICM£5BACK
--
June Hughes