Old 15-03-2006, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default filtering pest(s) with agent newsreader ?

Has anyone had any luck filtering the nonsense posts using the agent
newsreader? It allows one to filter on subject and author; I cannot
find any other criteria to filter this/these pests out.
Old 15-03-2006, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave P

wrote in message

Has anyone had any luck filtering the nonsense posts using the agent
newsreader? It allows one to filter on subject and author; I cannot
find any other criteria to filter this/these pests out.

I am using a filter to delete all posts over 60 lines in length. This gets
95% of them.

Dave

--
"Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is interesting. What they
conceal is vital. "

Old 15-03-2006, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"Dave P" wrote
Has anyone had any luck filtering the nonsense posts using the agent
newsreader? It allows one to filter on subject and author; I cannot
find any other criteria to filter this/these pests out.

I am using a filter to delete all posts over 60 lines in length. This gets
95% of them.

And to get rid of the rubbish from the Ng just highlight the top troll
message and press delete and OK, using two fingers you can delete them all
in no time one after the other. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 15-03-2006, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Dave P" wrote
Has anyone had any luck filtering the nonsense posts using the agent
newsreader? It allows one to filter on subject and author; I cannot
find any other criteria to filter this/these pests out.

I am using a filter to delete all posts over 60 lines in length. This gets
95% of them.

And to get rid of the rubbish from the Ng just highlight the top troll
message and press delete and OK, using two fingers you can delete them all
in no time one after the other. :-)

You mean all 10 thousand of them, Bob? Even highlighting one then
scrolling down to the last one with Caps Lock held down takes ages and
can bring your software to a halt. (I tried that a couple of weeks ago
and it did).
--
June Hughes
Old 15-03-2006, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Cap

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:58:48 -0500, wrote:

Has anyone had any luck filtering the nonsense posts using the agent
newsreader? It allows one to filter on subject and author; I cannot
find any other criteria to filter this/these pests out.

Delete [40,*]

Andy

Old 15-03-2006, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"June Hughes" wrote after...
Bob Hobden writes

"Dave P" wrote
Has anyone had any luck filtering the nonsense posts using the agent
newsreader? It allows one to filter on subject and author; I cannot
find any other criteria to filter this/these pests out.

I am using a filter to delete all posts over 60 lines in length. This
gets
95% of them.

And to get rid of the rubbish from the Ng just highlight the top troll
message and press delete and OK, using two fingers you can delete them all
in no time one after the other. :-)

You mean all 10 thousand of them, Bob? Even highlighting one then
scrolling down to the last one with Caps Lock held down takes ages and can
bring your software to a halt. (I tried that a couple of weeks ago and it
did).

Sorry June, I only had about 50 that got through NIN, no doubt they have
deleted them by now anyway.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 15-03-2006, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"June Hughes" wrote after...
Bob Hobden writes

"Dave P" wrote
[...]

Oh right. How's it all going gardening -wise apart from that?
--
June Hughes
Old 15-03-2006, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Richard Parker

#include

Has anyone had any luck filtering the nonsense posts using the agent
newsreader? It allows one to filter on subject and author; I cannot
find any other criteria to filter this/these pests out.

I'm using agent but filtering using Hamster, not easy to setup but it
works very well. Google for it and then for a howto to set it up.
--
Richard Parker

If you can read this, you're in range.
Old 15-03-2006, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JanieB

June Hughes wrote:
In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"June Hughes" wrote after...
Bob Hobden writes

"Dave P" wrote

Has anyone had any luck filtering the nonsense posts using the agent
newsreader? It allows one to filter on subject and author; I cannot
find any other criteria to filter this/these pests out.

snip

Oh right. How's it all going gardening -wise apart from that?

I've Mozilla Thunderbird ( inflicted on me by my son) I'm still learning
to use it.

The filters I've got in place are stopping some of the flooding but
they've just morphed so I got the lot this time
Old 15-03-2006, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"June Hughes" wrote after...
Bob Hobden writes

"Dave P" wrote
[...]

Hi Bob,
Been meaning to say "sorry I missed you" the other day, but have been like
others swamped with unwanted junk, 38,000 today, so I resorted to deleting
everything.
Anyway I hope you enjoyed Cornwall (sorry about the weather!)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 16-03-2006, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave P" wrote
Has anyone had any luck filtering the nonsense posts using the agent
newsreader? It allows one to filter on subject and author; I cannot
find any other criteria to filter this/these pests out.

I am using a filter to delete all posts over 60 lines in length. This gets
95% of them.

And guess what ... they're now all under 60 lines. Can you imagine
someone having so little to do with their life that they actually read
what people are trying to do to block posts?
--
Kay
Old 16-03-2006, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , K
writes

"Dave P" wrote
Has anyone had any luck filtering the nonsense posts using the agent
newsreader? It allows one to filter on subject and author; I cannot
find any other criteria to filter this/these pests out.

I am using a filter to delete all posts over 60 lines in length. This gets
95% of them.

And guess what ... they're now all under 60 lines. Can you imagine
someone having so little to do with their life that they actually read
what people are trying to do to block posts?

Exactly. My problem is, I can't seem to get the knack of keeping the
stuff I want and looking at Google for urg at present is a nightmare.
It's OK if you can get rid of the hundred or so that come in at a time
but if like me you are out for long periods of time, it is a pain.
--
June Hughes
Old 16-03-2006, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

what does "urg" mean?

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Old 16-03-2006, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"H Ryder" writes:

| what does "urg" mean?

Would you believe uk.rec.gardening? Nah. Too implausible :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 16-03-2006, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"H Ryder" wrote in message
what does "urg" mean?

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

See this:-
http://www.tmac.clara.net/urgring/urgring1.htm