GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rhubarb (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/14081-rhubarb.html)

Joe Bloggs 07-04-2003 01:56 PM

Rhubarb

I ate my first lot of rhubarb yesterday. Is this early ?
It was smashing.

Roberto 08-04-2003 09:08 PM

Rhubarb

It may be early where u r but we had our first a month ago. It is mild here
though

Robert The Beachcomber
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/robert_brimacombe

Lord Hawke 09-04-2003 06:20 PM

Rhubarb

Joe Bloggs wrote onMon, 07 Apr 2003 13:41:37 +0100 :

I ate my first lot of rhubarb yesterday. Is this early ?
It was smashing.

Sorry Joe: we beat you by five days (April 2nd was when we picked ours.)
To be honest, we inherited it, together with instruction s to put the
big black plastic polant pots over the rhubarb as soon as we saw real
signs of growth. Worked perfectly.

david 09-04-2003 10:56 PM

Rhubarb

Sorry folks, but mine was late this year, nothing till the first week of
Feb, in the last 5 years I have twice had enough to pull for New Years day,
and that's not covered or forced

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries