Old 07-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Steve Harris

Default Is your Regal Lily showing yet?

I planted some of these bulbs about 8" deep last autumn in reliably
moist, shaded soil. No sign of anything yet. Am I being impatient of
could they be dead?

Thanks!

Old 07-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Michael Berridge

Steve Harris wrote in message ...
I planted some of these bulbs about 8" deep last autumn in reliably
moist, shaded soil. No sign of anything yet. Am I being impatient of
could they be dead?

My two that I planted last year are up, but the one planted this year
isn't. Mind you I only planted that one two days ago!

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 08-04-2003, 11:33 PM
andy roberts

The one that I planted 5 years ago is sending up two weak shoots, I doubt if
they will flower.

Andy R
--
http://www.europa.usenet.eu.org

Europa.* is the usenet hierarchy for europe wide
topics without language restrictions.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Michael Berridge

Steve Harris wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Michael Berridge) wrote:

My two that I planted last year are up,

What time last year did you plant them?

Late as they were on sale cheap at the garden centre, ma flower this
year but possibly not, anyway what little did grow last year became a
target for the slugs. I'm a sucker for 'cheap for quick sale' plants.
last year bought a Phalaenopsis which had obviously just finished
flowering, there were the remains of the last, dried out and therefore
colourless flower on the flower stalk. I have left it, and not touched
the flower stalk, and it is now rewarding me with a new flower stalk
growing from the old one. This is the second rescue orchid I've had, and
the first has already flowered twice.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 10-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Jane Lumley

In article , Steve
Harris writes
I planted some of these bulbs about 8" deep last autumn in reliably
moist, shaded soil. No sign of anything yet. Am I being impatient of
could they be dead?

Thanks!

Mine are up in pots, but my six in the open border - not a hope. I
think my cats probably disturbed them....
--
Jane Lumley
Old 12-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Natalie

(Michael Berridge) wrote:

My two that I planted last year are up,

What time last year did you plant them?

Late as they were on sale cheap at the garden centre, ma flower this
year but possibly not, anyway what little did grow last year became a
target for the slugs. I'm a sucker for 'cheap for quick sale' plants.
last year bought a Phalaenopsis which had obviously just finished
flowering, there were the remains of the last, dried out and therefore
colourless flower on the flower stalk. I have left it, and not touched
the flower stalk, and it is now rewarding me with a new flower stalk
growing from the old one. This is the second rescue orchid I've had, and
the first has already flowered twice.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Mike...what do you call cheap for a Regal Lily?

Natalie

Old 15-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Michael Berridge

Natalie wrote in message ...

Mike...what do you call cheap for a Regal Lily?

They were 50p a pack, due to the fact that is was already late for them
to be planted.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 15-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Natalie

Natalie wrote in message ...

Mike...what do you call cheap for a Regal Lily?

They were 50p a pack, due to the fact that is was already late for them
to be planted.

Now that is cheap...the sort of bargain I like ;-)

Natalie

Old 03-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Sue

"Zizz" wrote
"Steve Harris" wrote
I am now please to report 3 shoots! :-)

Planted 2 or three around the garden and suspect at least one in coming
up.... others I planted last year are coming up too so I'm a little
confused a
I never remember what I've planted where!

I have that trouble too. There were some tulips that came up this year
which I couldn't even recall planting, and had to wait to see what colour
they were. :-/ I've put a ring of stones round my groups of lilies so I
remember not to chop the new shoots off by mistake when weeding in Spring.

Sue