Old 16-03-2006, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default follow up to: filtering pest(s) with agent newsreader ?

September 1 to March 16: +/- 20,103 posts.

Filtering at 65+ lines didn't catch many. Changing to 49+ lines
dropped nonsense to 12,826 messages.

For those using Agent, it does allow one to sort by number of lines so
the short messages are together to highlight and delete. Obviously,
this is going to catch many useful posts.

Old 16-03-2006, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

wrote in message

September 1 to March 16: +/- 20,103 posts.

Filtering at 65+ lines didn't catch many. Changing to 49+ lines
dropped nonsense to 12,826 messages.

For those using Agent, it does allow one to sort by number of lines so
the short messages are together to highlight and delete. Obviously,
this is going to catch many useful posts.

And so presumably the next lot will include plenty consisting of less
than 49 lines

Then you'll be able to count those, and post the information
on here again.

Etc etc.

michael adams

Old 20-03-2006, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:52:41 +0000, wrote
(in message ):

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:03:01 +0000, VX
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:35:20 +0000,
wrote

September 1 to March 16: +/- 20,103 posts.

Filtering at 65+ lines didn't catch many. Changing to 49+ lines
dropped nonsense to 12,826 messages.

For those using Agent, it does allow one to sort by number of lines so
the short messages are together to highlight and delete. Obviously,
this is going to catch many useful posts.

Whilst appearances may occasionally suggest otherwise, newsgroup flooding
is
done by intelligent computer-savvy people who are perfectly capable of
reading your post!

And your point is what? Don't you think the "intelligent
computer-savvy people" already know all the tricks one uses to filter
them?

Sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention.

"They" may know all the tricks but there are quite a number of different
options that could be tried (which- please note- I am not listing here in
this newsgroup). They didn't know which you were using until you posted it
publicly and suggested others use it too, thus making it likely to be altered
in future to get round this. That's my point. Possibly you didn't notice but
someone else pointed this out also.

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)

Old 20-03-2006, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:48:37 +0000, VX
wrote:

And your point is what? Don't you think the "intelligent
computer-savvy people" already know all the tricks one uses to filter
them?

Sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention.

no offense taken, and no offense meant.

Possibly you didn't notice but
someone else pointed this out also.

did see it. also saw the specific agent filter examples posted in this
thread. your point is taken but still think these computer wizards
(who are a p.i.t.a.) know a lot more tricks than us gardeners.

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)

Old 20-03-2006, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:06:22 +0000, wrote
(in message ):

these computer wizards

Oh no! After this (and my calling them intelligent compter-savvy people),
they could be coming back forever in the hope of more positive feedback!

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)