GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   vases for shows (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/141255-vases-shows.html)

Janet Tweedy 17-03-2006 12:36 PM

vases for shows

Where do you get the green vases for Flower Shows? Our society needs
some new ones but even the RHS tells us they don't know where we can get
new ones. There must be a stockist or supplier somewhere as the are
regulations sizes etc.
Any ideas?

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association

La Puce 17-03-2006 12:57 PM

vases for shows

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Where do you get the green vases for Flower Shows? Our society needs
some new ones but even the RHS tells us they don't know where we can get
new ones. There must be a stockist or supplier somewhere as the are
regulations sizes etc.
Any ideas?

Long shot - but the Ruthin flower show is providing some for their next
events. Perhaps you could contact the secretary, Angela Dykins 01824
704 953 or faxing 01824 705104. Maybe she's lovely and will help you
:o)

Janet Tweedy 17-03-2006 01:38 PM

vases for shows

In article .com, La
Puce writes

Long shot - but the Ruthin flower show is providing some for their next
events. Perhaps you could contact the secretary, Angela Dykins 01824
704 953 or faxing 01824 705104. Maybe she's lovely and will help you
:o)

Yes saw Ruthin, on a preliminary Google search.

Have found Kays have them, couldn't see it before as they are updating
their site.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Sacha 17-03-2006 01:46 PM

vases for shows

On 17/3/06 11:36, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

Where do you get the green vases for Flower Shows? Our society needs
some new ones but even the RHS tells us they don't know where we can get
new ones. There must be a stockist or supplier somewhere as the are
regulations sizes etc.
Any ideas?

Janet, I rang the flower wholesaler I use and they get their supplies from
SMITHERS-OASIS (UK) LTD.
Crowther Road
Crowther Ind. Est.
Washington,
Tyne & Wear.
NE38 0AQ

Telephone: 0191 418 6569
Fax: 0191 417 8516

web:www.smithersoasis.com

They can't be sure you'll get the green vases from them but they do think
they or a flower wholesaler in your area should be able to point you in the
right direction.
You could also try these people:
*
Peter Harvey Floral Art Products Ltd
Albany House, Leigh Street, High Wycombe, Bucks HP11 2QU. United Kingdom
T: +44 (0)1494 533244 F: +44 (0)1494 443222 E:

If the shows are run to RHS rules, I find it amazing nobody can tell you
where to find the vases, though! Are they the green plastic ones florists
use sometimes?

--
Sacha

Janet Tweedy 18-03-2006 12:37 AM

vases for shows

In article , Sacha
writes

If the shows are run to RHS rules, I find it amazing nobody can tell you
where to find the vases, though! Are they the green plastic ones florists
use sometimes?

Well the show sec. rang the RHS and they couldn't tell her!
Think they are also called bikini vases.They are green plastic, several
sizes, come in two parts, both vee shaped, the taller goes on the top
and slots into bottom half. They are sued for staging flowers, (not
flower arranging)
Thanks for looking Sacha I'll tell, Christine.

Janet

bjwarwick 29-01-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Puce (Post 623951)
Janet Tweedy wrote:
Where do you get the green vases for Flower Shows? Our society needs
some new ones but even the RHS tells us they don't know where we can get
new ones. There must be a stockist or supplier somewhere as the are
regulations sizes etc.
Any ideas?

Long shot - but the Ruthin flower show is providing some for their next
events. Perhaps you could contact the secretary, Angela Dykins 01824
704 953 or faxing 01824 705104. Maybe she's lovely and will help you
:o)

Hi Ref Show vases.
Not 100% sure but I believe a supplier called LBS garden supplies in Colne may be able to help.
LBS Garden Warehouse, Standroyd Mill, Colne, Lancashire, BB87BW