GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pricking out seedlings grown in a propagator (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/141286-pricking-out-seedlings-grown-propagator.html)

converted_gardener 18-03-2006 02:25 PM

pricking out seedlings grown in a propagator

When I prick out the seedlings currently in my propagator are they ok
to put into 3" cells that are NOT heated ?

Rupert 18-03-2006 06:54 PM

"converted_gardener" wrote in message
When I prick out the seedlings currently in my propagator are they ok
to put into 3" cells that are NOT heated ?

Usually yes -depends on the type of seedlings ?
I suggest you still keep them in pots in an unheated propagator for a few
days to prevent them wilting due to lack of air moisture and do not place
them in bright sunlight which has a habit of frying very young seedlings.

garden-addicted 18-03-2006 11:27 PM

This depends on the temperature of the room. If they are in an unheated greenhouse then I would say certainly not. There is a high risk of frost over the next 10 days.

If you are keeping them in a heated greenhouse where the temperature is unlikely to drop below 10 degrees celcius then you should be fine.

We currently have about 10 - 20,000 seedlings crowing in a greenhouse where the min temp is 10 and max is around 24 degree celcius.

Due to the high temp in the day and the low levels of sunlight the odd few are getting leggy.