Old 21-03-2006, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default Spring blossoming shrub id :)

"Uncle-C" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6...antid024vm.jpg

The owner of the land on which it grows says that his mother planted
the shrub many many years ago and it could be Japanese in origin. Maybe
a type of Prunus ? I haven't a clue. Sorry about the bad focus.
Thanks for the help.

Uncle C

Still cold, dark and dull in High Wycombe

Looks like Viburnum bodnantense 'Dawn' have a sniff should be scented.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 21-03-2006, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle-C

Thanks folks ! I remember many many years ago seeing it flower during
midwinter and was pleasantly suprised. I used the "sucker method" to
propagate and the resulting shrub looks in good shape with some healthy
leaves. Can I expect flowering perhaps in a year or two ?

Uncle