Old 28-03-2006, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Alocasia odora/Colocasia esculenta

Just received a crate load of these things. I assume they won't overwinter
very well?
If I planted these in those container thingies that are used in ponds and
then planted would they flourish.
The idea is that the whole container would be lifted come the first frosts.
Any other suggestions?

Old 28-03-2006, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

"Rupert" wrote in message
Just received a crate load of these things. I assume they won't overwinter
very well?
If I planted these in those container thingies that are used in ponds and
then planted would they flourish.
The idea is that the whole container would be lifted come the first

frosts.
Any other suggestions?

There has been loads in the past on these, I grow them in pots and some stay
out of the pond and some go in, my main problem is remembering to leave the
vine weevil control out of the compost in case I kill the fish!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Alocasia ID Marios Giannakoulias Plant Science 0 22-08-2009 07:39 AM
Alocasia Marutchi[_3_] Garden Photos 0 21-07-2007 10:58 AM
Salvage half rotten Colocasia bulb?? Doug Gardening 2 23-04-2004 04:02 PM
Wanted - taro (Colocasia) for Sydney region Richard Wright Australia 0 17-08-2003 03:07 AM
Alocasia robusta Steve Gardening 1 19-05-2003 01:56 AM