GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   correct way to water seed/lings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/141661-correct-way-water-seed-lings.html)

stevej 29-03-2006 11:18 AM

correct way to water seed/lings

Hi

I bought an electric propagator along with a zillion seeds. When the compost
dries out, what is the best way to water the seeds and seedlings ? - I have
heard that 'damping off' can rot them by over-watering.

Any general tips here would be appreciated

Thanks
Steve

JennyC 29-03-2006 04:08 PM

"stevej" wrote in message
Hi

I bought an electric propagator along with a zillion seeds. When the compost
dries out, what is the best way to water the seeds and seedlings ? - I have
heard that 'damping off' can rot them by over-watering.

Any general tips here would be appreciated
Thanks
Steve

I use one of these:
http://www.fothergills.co.uk/en/bott...rers-5812.aspx

It make dosage easy to control!

Overwatering is the worst things for seedlings.
Jenny

Scotia 30-03-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevej
Hi

I bought an electric propagator along with a zillion seeds. When the compost
dries out, what is the best way to water the seeds and seedlings ? - I have
heard that 'damping off' can rot them by over-watering.

Any general tips here would be appreciated

Thanks
Steve

This is the way I do it Steve;

http://thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Mis...d%20Sowing.htm

stevej 31-03-2006 12:06 PM

correct way to water seed/lings

Thanks for all the ideas, that's a great webpage Scotia

Steve

http://tinyurl.com/ead5a

--
Scotia