Old 01-04-2006, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Know your fertilisers

I read an interesting comparison of inorganic fertilisers (ouch) v organic
fertilisers (much preferable) tonight, comparing the NPK or each. It may
interest some as to know the various % per weight of each fertiliser.

A typical inorganic fertiliser for acid loving trees and shrubs or general
garden fertiliser 6, 3.4, 5.3
A typical inorganic fertiliser to suit fruit trees 10.5, 2.3, 8.3
A typical inorganic fertiliser for flowers and vegetables 5, 5.5, 4.1
A typical inorganic fertiliser for lawns 12.5, 1.7, 4.7
A typical inorganic fertiliser for roses 8, 3.7, 7.1

Cow crap 1, 0.4, 0.5
Chicken poo 2.1, 1.6, 1
Horse shit 0.7, 0.4, 0.5
Pig shit 1.1, 0.7, 0.1
Sheep poo 1.8, 0.4, 0.5

Chicken poo has 2-3 times the concentration of npk as any other poo which I
found surprising

Blood and bone (my preference) 6, 7, 0
Bone dust 3, 10.9, 0
Fish emulsion 4.5, 0.4, 1.1

I use B&B quite a lot around my garden, including on my lawn.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

"Stand Up Old" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message
[...]

know sh1t............

exactly, know your sht or know where to go to know your sht.

rob

Old 02-04-2006, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Sutton

"George.com" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks - very helpful George - I will save that info