GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cold frame (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/141860-cold-frame.html)

rabc 02-04-2006 05:36 PM

cold frame

On some seed packets it says that the seed can be sown outside in open ground , so would i be able to sow them in trays in a cold frame or am i just wasting my time . ...................thanks

PLOTTY 02-04-2006 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabc
On some seed packets it says that the seed can be sown outside in open ground , so would i be able to sow them in trays in a cold frame or am i just wasting my time . ...................thanks

Hi Rabc, It will be fine to sow them in trays in your cold frame as long as they are not root crops as these do not transplant very well ie: (carrots, parsnips ,beetroot etc ) but all your brassicas, peas, lettuce & broad beans will be ok, all the best Steve.

http://www.myallotments.blogspot.com

rabc 02-04-2006 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLOTTY
Hi Rabc, It will be fine to sow them in trays in your cold frame as long as they are not root crops as these do not transplant very well ie: (carrots, parsnips ,beetroot etc ) but all your brassicas, peas, lettuce & broad beans will be ok, all the best Steve.

http://www.myallotments.blogspot.com

PLOTTY forgot to mention i was refering to flowers, sorry about that, DOH