GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hedges (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/141963-re-hedges.html)

JB 04-04-2006 04:31 PM

Hedges

On 4 Apr 2006 06:25:25 -0700, "kt" wrote:

Hi

We have a house that is set back in its garden ie no back garden. Our
neighbour would like the side hedges low as his property is set 3 foot
lower than ours - we would like them higher as we would like a bit of
privacy for ourselves and children as we have no back garden. They are
apprx 4 ft at the moment meaning that the whole world can see in (we're
on a main road). I don't want to start a war or particularly upset him
as he is old and infirm and I do understand his point of view, where
should I go with this?

Do you want privacy from him or privacy from the main road? If the
latter could you not keep the hedge between you low but plant
something much higher on the road side?