GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unwins mushroom growing kit (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/142179-unwins-mushroom-growing-kit.html)

Colin 09-04-2006 07:37 PM

Unwins mushroom growing kit

Ok so it's not in the garden, but at least it has my daughters interest in
growing things. However there's a problem ! The instructions refer to a
'Clear' bag and a 'White' bag. To put it simply, we should use the clear bag
first, then sometime later use the white bag. BUT both our bags are clear!
One has what looks like normal compost in it, whilst the other appears to
have shredded bark. So which do we use first ??

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Colin M.........

gomez 01-04-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 628975)
One has what looks like normal compost in it, whilst the other appears to have shredded bark. So which do we use first ??

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Colin M.........

Hi Colin. I started one of these about a month ago, but my bags were in fact white and clear as it said in the instructions. The one you describe as looking like shredded bark should go in first, the other is casing peat which goes in at a later stage.

Hope this helps.