GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   venus flytrap leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/142206-venus-flytrap-leaves.html)

padder0 10-04-2006 09:20 AM

venus flytrap leaves

hi
i have a venus flytrap and i was told that if you pull off a leaf and plant it in a pot it will wilt and a new plant will grow in the pot so does anyone want any leaves £1 per leaf

Phil L 10-04-2006 09:55 PM

venus flytrap leaves

padder0 wrote:
hi
i have a venus flytrap and i was told that if you pull off a leaf and
plant it in a pot it will wilt and a new plant will grow in the pot so
does anyone want any leaves £1 per leaf

Thanks for wasting four seconds of my life.

Rupert 10-04-2006 11:17 PM

venus flytrap leaves

--
padder0

That's quite true. Pull off all the leaves and pot them up. Once they have
grown a bit into a mature plant (2 weeks) I will buy them at £2 each.

Tumbleweed 11-04-2006 10:48 AM

venus flytrap leaves

"Rupert" wrote in message

"padder0" wrote in message

hi
i have a venus flytrap and i was told that if you pull off a leaf and
plant it in a pot it will wilt and a new plant will grow in the pot so
does anyone want any leaves £1 per leaf

--
padder0

That's quite true. Pull off all the leaves and pot them up. Once they have
grown a bit into a mature plant (2 weeks) I will buy them at £2 each.

LOL

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Mike Lyle 11-04-2006 02:54 PM

venus flytrap leaves

Tumbleweed wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

"padder0" wrote in message

hi
i have a venus flytrap and i was told that if you pull off a leaf
and plant it in a pot it will wilt and a new plant will grow in the
pot so does anyone want any leaves £1 per leaf

--
padder0

That's quite true. Pull off all the leaves and pot them up. Once
they have grown a bit into a mature plant (2 weeks) I will buy them
at £2 each.

LOL

Yes; but on the other hand,
http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq2500.html
or
http://homepage.carnivoren.org/marti...daten-engl.htm

Which was news to me. Not that I'd have much faith in the results from
leaves pulled off by somebody else and then sent by post, though.

--
Mike.

Tumbleweed 11-04-2006 07:28 PM

venus flytrap leaves

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Tumbleweed wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

"padder0" wrote in message

hi
i have a venus flytrap and i was told that if you pull off a leaf
and plant it in a pot it will wilt and a new plant will grow in the
pot so does anyone want any leaves £1 per leaf

--
padder0

That's quite true. Pull off all the leaves and pot them up. Once
they have grown a bit into a mature plant (2 weeks) I will buy them
at £2 each.

LOL

Yes; but on the other hand,
http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq2500.html
or
http://homepage.carnivoren.org/marti...daten-engl.htm

Which was news to me. Not that I'd have much faith in the results from
leaves pulled off by somebody else and then sent by post, though.

--
Mike.

I suppose in theory pretty much anything _could_ be grown from a cutting,
with variable results obviously. It was the certainty of the OP that made me
laugh, "a new plant **will** grow " vs highly variable success rate even
under exacting circumstances of light heat and humidity!

Alastair 12-04-2006 02:17 PM

venus flytrap leaves

In my experience, the natural division that occurs is the easiest way
to get new plants.