GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hel needed with glazing clips (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/14231-hel-needed-glazing-clips.html)

Neil Jones 08-04-2003 02:08 PM

Hel needed with glazing clips

I have an old greenhouse which needs repairing. Quite a few panes of
glass are missing. This includes one on the door. Most of the panes
are held by w or z type clips which I have been able to find easily on
sale in many places.
However on the door there is a different type of clip.
see
www.butterflyguy.com/glazing.jpg

What kind is this? Do I need to use it? Where can I get it?

Neil Jones- http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn
Bog National Nature Reserve

Chris French and Helen Johnson 08-04-2003 08:20 PM

Hel needed with glazing clips

In message , Neil Jones
writes
I have an old greenhouse which needs repairing. Quite a few panes of
glass are missing. This includes one on the door. Most of the panes
are held by w or z type clips which I have been able to find easily on
sale in many places.
However on the door there is a different type of clip.
see
www.butterflyguy.com/glazing.jpg

What kind is this? Do I need to use it? Where can I get it?

We had ones like that on one of our greenhouses. I don't particularly
like them, U found them more prone to disappearing over time, and harder
to fit/get out.

ISTR seeing them someone in the shops, probably a catalogue or website
(Two Wests maybe ?) But I've been replacing mine as required with the
normal 'W' type wire clips which seems to be working fine.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:

bnd777 09-04-2003 11:32 PM

Hel needed with glazing clips

They were very common on Greenhouses around 20 years ago
Mine are doing fine thank goodness
"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote in
message ...
In message , Neil Jones
writes