GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   preventing grass from showing through top soil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/142368-preventing-grass-showing-through-top-soil.html)

jw 1111 13-04-2006 06:13 PM

preventing grass from showing through top soil

Hi, I have got some buckets of drainage drillings from a cricket ground.
its good light sandy soil, but as you can guess it has some grass in it.

If I use it in pots for plants, to what depth should I place soil on top of
it (say a mixture of john innes and course sand) so as to prevent the grass
in the drainage drillings from poking through to the surface, please?