GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Nurseries Around Newcastle Upon-Tyne (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/142381-nurseries-around-newcastle-upon-tyne.html)

Simon Adebisi 13-04-2006 09:27 PM

Nurseries Around Newcastle Upon-Tyne

Hi,

I have just moved to the area of Newcastle and have bought a house with
a garden, at the moment the thing is filled only with grass. I was
wondering where the best nurseries are in and around the area. I know
nothing about gardening but want to start learning and growing a nice
(but inexpensive) garden.

TIA
Simon

JimP 14-04-2006 06:20 AM

Nurseries Around Newcastle Upon-Tyne

Take the A1 north to the A 697 horth about 2 miles. The Heighly Gate
Garden Centre is HUGE and not all that expensive. You should find all
you need there. It's a good day out for a family also.

John 18-04-2006 09:06 AM

Nurseries Around Newcastle Upon-Tyne

In article .com,
"Simon Adebisi" wrote:

Thanks will go have a look next week,

After some searching I also found these ones. Are they any good?

Chipchase Castle Nursery
clematis nursery in Beamish
Ryal Nursery
Longframlington
Hexham Herbs

Don't know about them. The best one [for us] has always been Halls of
Heddon, close to Heddon on the Wall: a very long-established and
'serious' nursery for all types of planting. You know where Heddon is:
about 10m West along the A69.