GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sungold Tomatos - Damping Off? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/142753-sungold-tomatos-damping-off.html)

scrambled egg 20-04-2006 07:14 PM

Sungold Tomatos - Damping Off?

I have grown Sungold for the past 7 or 8 years - starting them off in
the greenhouse in seed trays. Last year I lost half of them to what I
thought was damping off. I started some more off on the kitchen
window sill and was very careful not to over-water (didn't use
Cheshunt Compound as I had used it all in the greenhouse batch) - they
were fine.

This year I used brand new compost - soaked it in Cheshunt Compound
and only used Cheshunt Compound for watering the seeds. All 20
germinated OK - and then today - all keeled over - and looks like
damping off.

Any ideas/suggestions?