Old 24-04-2006, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default chitting potatoes how long do last last ??

I bought some 'rocket' 1st earlies which I had chitting , which where
chitting for some time I think I got them in March .

I only had the chance to plant them yesterday into a POT. They were
starting to look quite shrivelled , do you think they were still viable
?

Fingers crossed that they are ?

Old 24-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Registered User

Location: Huddersfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardening_Convert
I bought some 'rocket' 1st earlies which I had chitting , which where
chitting for some time I think I got them in March .

I only had the chance to plant them yesterday into a POT. They were
starting to look quite shrivelled , do you think they were still viable
?

Fingers crossed that they are ?
I just planted mine this morning,(Mon)

What were the 'chits'(sprouts) on your potatoes like?

If they were a dark green then you should be OK, if they were pale and leggy, they might come but will take a little longer.

If the potatoes were spongy they will be OK but if they were mushy they won't.

Hope that answers your query.
Old 24-04-2006, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Craddock

"Gardening_Convert" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought some 'rocket' 1st earlies which I had chitting , which where
chitting for some time I think I got them in March .

I only had the chance to plant them yesterday into a POT. They were
starting to look quite shrivelled , do you think they were still
viable
?

They'll be fine, we planted ours today - first time the soil's been
fit to work this spring.
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.

Old 24-04-2006, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert

: I only had the chance to plant them yesterday into a POT. They were
: starting to look quite shrivelled , do you think they were still
: viable
: ?
:
: They'll be fine, we planted ours today - first time the soil's been
: fit to work this spring.
: --
: Rod
:
Ditto except our soil has been workable for ages, are you on heavy clay Rod?

Old 26-04-2006, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Craddock

"Robert" wrote in message
Ditto except our soil has been workable for ages, are you on heavy
clay Rod?

heavy clay/walled garden with some shade.