GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pampas Pink Dwarf (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/142993-pampas-pink-dwarf.html)

newgardeners 25-04-2006 05:29 PM

Pampas Pink Dwarf

Hi,

New to the board and new to gardening here!

We are looking to put some colour into our garden.

We like pampas but dont have room for a large specimen.

We like the pink pampas grass plants but my online research tells me that only white feathered plants come in dwarf CORTADERIA SELLOANA ‘SPLENDID STAR’ .

Can anyone tell us if pink can be bought as a dwarf plant, or can a pink one be contained with carefull pruning.

Thanks in advance

Scotia 25-04-2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newgardeners
Hi,

New to the board and new to gardening here!

We are looking to put some colour into our garden.

We like pampas but dont have room for a large specimen.

We like the pink pampas grass plants but my online research tells me that only white feathered plants come in dwarf CORTADERIA SELLOANA ‘SPLENDID STAR’ .

Can anyone tell us if pink can be bought as a dwarf plant, or can a pink one be contained with carefull pruning.

Thanks in advance

I have had a look in the RHS plant finder and found only one;

Cortaderia selloana 'Pink Feather'

Stockists; http://www.rhs.org.uk/RHSPlantFinder...s.asp?ID=48172