GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When to plant out toms ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/143164-when-plant-out-toms.html)

[email protected] 28-04-2006 01:29 PM

When to plant out toms ?

I have 2 good sized tumbler tom plants that are currently in 3" pots on
a windowsill. They are about 4" high, and have a good strong set of
leaves.
When should I be looking to plant these out into hanging baskets ?
Should I pot them on to 6 inch pots and then outside from there once
they are even bigger ?

Gardening_Convert 28-04-2006 04:31 PM

When to plant out toms ?

Well I've planted mine out already but I've taken a huge risk !!

also depends where you are mid to late may is the advice I've been
hearing so far

NC 30-04-2006 03:56 PM

When to plant out toms ?

Gardening_Convert wrote:
Well I've planted mine out already but I've taken a huge risk !!

also depends where you are mid to late may is the advice I've been
hearing so far

OK - thanks.
I know this is prob a difficult question to answer.... but how big
should they be when planted out ??