Old 28-04-2006, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Small Red Robin

Default Gardening Britain -- Flickr photo sharing group

This follows on the from the earlier thread I started titled '...images
of ordinary uk gardens'.

I've gone ahead and started an image sharing group on Flickr with the
working title 'Gardening Britain'. It was an accident - I thought I was
messing around and working out how the whole group thing worked and
before I knew it someone had already signed up as a member (!!!). So I
guess I'm committed now - I am a slightly reluctant and nervous
administrator.

Anyway, the public URL is here (nothing to see yet though).:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/britishgardens/

The group guidelines are very much in draft phase so suggestions are
welcome.

If anyone wants to haul out their digital cameras and participate that
would be great. If you have an exisiting yahoo id then you should be
able to sign in and create a Flickr account reasonably easily (at
www.flickr.com). If not, you have to go through the irritating process
of creating an ID - but once done its done.

It's very easy and very quick to upload digital pictures to Flickr but
people using the free version need to be careful about keeping the
filesize small (otherwise you'll very quickly exceed your monthly file
upload limit). If you feel unsure about resizing image filesizes to a
decently small size then the Flickr Uploadr tool is very useful and can
be set to automatically do it for you.

I'm happy to help with getting going by email.... or here if people
feel it appropriate.

Thanks.... I better go off and try learn a bit more about what I'm
supposed to know about....

Old 29-04-2006, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French

In message . com, Small
Red Robin writes
This follows on the from the earlier thread I started titled '...images
of ordinary uk gardens'.

I've gone ahead and started an image sharing group on Flickr with the
working title 'Gardening Britain'. It was an accident - I thought I was
messing around and working out how the whole group thing worked and
before I knew it someone had already signed up as a member (!!!). So I
guess I'm committed now - I am a slightly reluctant and nervous
administrator.

Anyway, the public URL is here (nothing to see yet though).:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/britishgardens/

Well to help things along I will join up and post a few piccies of our
garden when I have a moment. My (well our) Flickr ID is
'Scrumbledelicious'.
--
Chris French

Old 29-04-2006, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Turner

Small Red Robin wrote:
This follows on the from the earlier thread I started titled '...images
of ordinary uk gardens'.

I've gone ahead and started an image sharing group on Flickr with the
working title 'Gardening Britain'. It was an accident - I thought I was
messing around and working out how the whole group thing worked and
before I knew it someone had already signed up as a member (!!!). So I
guess I'm committed now - I am a slightly reluctant and nervous
administrator.

Have added a few weekly shots of my Golden Hops this late, wet spring. I
Reckon they're 3-4 weeks behind last year's growth.
Old 29-04-2006, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Small Red Robin

Thanks Derek ... I've just seen the hops. I like the monitoring growth
progress idea. You'll see I've done a similar sequance with my 'garden
view picture'.

Which UK region/county do you garden in (if you don't mind divulging
that info) . I thought I'd keep track of where people are via the tag
system so people in the same area can compare their garden's progress
with others.

I'm trying to keep a visual chronicle of my garden this year because
I'm useless and forget what I've done and where and why and what
happened. I've also started a blog a month or so ago which will
literally be a working diary (too shy to share the url yet but will do
so soon). I think blogging must be one of the most perfect tools for
electonric logging. Actually, I am a lot more knowledgable about
blogging than I am gardening (hence the shyness about my scribblings).
I know a fair bit about wordpress etc, so if anyone wants advice with
that I'm probably in a better position to help there than I am with
plants or gardens.

Thanks to you both for contributing. Chris - I'm just off to send you a
group invite. Love your Flickr ID by the way.

Old 29-04-2006, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Turner

Small Red Robin wrote:
Thanks Derek ... I've just seen the hops. I like the monitoring growth
progress idea. You'll see I've done a similar sequance with my 'garden
view picture'.

Which UK region/county do you garden in (if you don't mind divulging
that info) . I thought I'd keep track of where people are via the tag
system so people in the same area can compare their garden's progress
with others.

11 miles south of Leicester on heavy clay.

We've taken root cuttings this year for a church plant sale - took the
week-by-week pictures to help with the marketing. Last year they came
through late February and it was a race to get the previous year's
growth off before the new lot tangled it in those damp dark days. This
year they didn't come through until the hour went on.