Old 01-05-2006, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eleni

Default compost for home delivery

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Eleni" contains these
words:

"davej" wrote in message
taxi?

I have health problems - I can manage to drag compost round the garden
but
not in and out of a car...

So a taxi is ideal, you can ask the driver to do both.

Janet

Sorri luv carnt do thart for ya -Ealth & Safeley yanose :-)

lol But, unfortunately it's very true. Last time I tried this in a taxi,
the driver refused point blank to get out of the car. I ended up splitting
a bag while getting it out of the boot and had to pay an extra £5 for the
priviledge because they refused to pick me up in anything other than an
estate car.

Old 01-05-2006, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Corfield

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:43:20 GMT, "Eleni"
wrote:

I'm trying to find somewhere that will deliver some peat free general
purpose compost. But, the cheapest delivery charge I can find is £20, which
seems kind of expensive for say a 75l bag that costs £4.

Any ideas please?

http://www.taxi-vans.com/index.cfm

Not a compost delivery service but they do mention garden centres as a
typical place they will collect from. You get an extra pair of hands
(the driver) to help you. I've not yet tried them but it's a good idea.
There'd be no harm in getting a quote to see if their service could meet
your needs.
--
Paul C

Old 01-05-2006, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian Watson

wrote:

I'm trying to find somewhere that will deliver some peat free general
purpose compost. But, the cheapest delivery charge I can find is £20,
which
seems kind of expensive for say a 75l bag that costs £4.

Any ideas please?

http://www.taxi-vans.com/index.cfm

Not a compost delivery service but they do mention garden centres as a
typical place they will collect from. You get an extra pair of hands
(the driver) to help you. I've not yet tried them but it's a good idea.
There'd be no harm in getting a quote to see if their service could meet
your needs.

Also, getting ONE bag delivered for 20 quid carriage is expensive, but ...
who only needs one bag?

:-)

--
Brian

Old 01-05-2006, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" contains these words:

"davej" wrote in message
taxi?

I have health problems - I can manage to drag compost round the
garden
but
not in and out of a car...

So a taxi is ideal, you can ask the driver to do both.

Janet

Sorri luv carnt do thart for ya -Ealth & Safeley yanose :-)

You must have the wrong sort of smile, Rupert :-)

Janet

Definitely!!
I went to my first Garage (Gay marriage) on Friday at Leeds Town Hall.
A mixed bag of folk and it was brilliant and educational.
I *smiled*at a woman called Christine and got chatted up by Chris-a very big
butch transvestite from Hull.
A Good time was had by all and the *garden* flowers were nice.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote
"Janet Baraclough" wrote
You must have the wrong sort of smile, Rupert :-)

Definitely!!
I went to my first Garage (Gay marriage) on Friday at Leeds Town Hall.
A mixed bag of folk and it was brilliant and educational.
I *smiled*at a woman called Christine and got chatted up by Chris-a
very big butch transvestite from Hull.
A Good time was had by all and the *garden* flowers were nice.

:-)
I expect he's a URGlurker and had read about the equine rumours.

--
Sue

Old 02-05-2006, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"Brian Watson" wrote
"Paul Corfield" wrote

http://www.taxi-vans.com/index.cfm

Not a compost delivery service but they do mention garden centres as
a typical place they will collect from. You get an extra pair of
hands (the driver) to help you. I've not yet tried them but it's a
good idea. There'd be no harm in getting a quote to see if their
service could meet your needs.

Also, getting ONE bag delivered for 20 quid carriage is expensive, but
... who only needs one bag?

I've not tried them but don't any of the big supermarkets sell compost?
They seem to sell almost everything else these days. P'raps you can
check their online service - I don't think the delivery charges are very
high and sometimes you can find a voucher for £5 off your first order.

Alternatively, one could make a gardening friend who has a car and offer
to share petrol expenses.

--
Sue

Old 02-05-2006, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote
"Janet Baraclough" wrote
You must have the wrong sort of smile, Rupert :-)

Definitely!!
I went to my first Garage (Gay marriage) on Friday at Leeds Town Hall.
A mixed bag of folk and it was brilliant and educational.
I *smiled*at a woman called Christine and got chatted up by Chris-a
very big butch transvestite from Hull.
A Good time was had by all and the *garden* flowers were nice.

:-)
I expect he's a URGlurker and had read about the equine rumours.

--
Sue

Talking about hung things-he had a dress which hung like a pair of his
mother's cast off curtains. Brown and orange flowers-very 70's.
Sweetheart- it clashed awfully with my jewelled posing pouch:-)
On a more serious note -it was an almost identical service to an ordinary
registry wedding service.
I think the raucous laughter during the " taking of rings" may require a
slight rewrite.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
..

Your location may help a budding web wizard find you a local supplier?

ah...Sheffield!

Does Sheffield have a recycling scheme which includes garden waste? (Might
be done by a contractor)

We have a superb scheme here on the Isle of Wight, which would appear to be
far superior than some other Islands by the way, but we can have a 1 cubic
metre builders bag of compost delivered for £35.00.

As a guide for distance, the plant is as near as damb it in the middle of
the Island and as the Island is 23 miles by 13, their 'maximum' delivery
distance would be up to about 12 miles.

Any other Council offering this facility?

Mike
How does one make an order & with whom?
MichaelH