GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn re-seeded (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/143196-lawn-re-seeded.html)

rabc 29-04-2006 02:00 PM

Lawn re-seeded

My lawn was re-seeded about three weeks ago and the seed has just began to germinate but my lawn is in need of a cut ,would it be ok to cut and give another re-seed or do i just leave it. cheers

pied piper 29-04-2006 06:58 PM

Lawn re-seeded

--
rabc

if u cut only use a rotary mower

sam 29-04-2006 08:40 PM

Lawn re-seeded

rabc wrote:
My lawn was re-seeded about three weeks ago and the seed has just began
to germinate but my lawn is in need of a cut ,would it be ok to cut and
give another re-seed or do i just leave it. cheers

Always a tricky one this,rabc. In my own experience it is better to
leave it
to develop a strong root system, otherwise you'll be certain to drag
some of the grass out as you mow.Then you will have to reseed and
the problem starts again.
Sam.

p.s. For a good organic feed I suggest seaweed extract.It gives the grass
a lovely dark green sheen and a strong root system.
S.