GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cleome from seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/143203-cleome-seed.html)

Sue 29-04-2006 01:34 PM

cleome from seed

Any tips please?

Have tried with limited success for a few seasons to grow cleomes from seed.
I carefully follow temperature recommendations etc but germination is poor.

Sue

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

Jeff 01-05-2006 08:52 PM

cleome from seed

Sue wrote:
Any tips please?

Have tried with limited success for a few seasons to grow cleomes from seed.
I carefully follow temperature recommendations etc but germination is poor.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Not much help I know :-( but I couldn't get them to germinate either.

Just looking now I see they need stratification (warmth/cold/warmth) in
order to germinate and my packet of seeds never mentioned that!

Try sowing a few in a pot now and just leave it in a sheltered spot
outdoors and see what comes up next spring?

Have a look here also (need to scroll down the page a bit)

http://www.backyardgardener.com/tm1.html

Oh, and good luck :-)

Jeff
NE England