Old 09-04-2003, 02:32 PM
RobK

Default Help identifying weed, please.

I have a small front lawn that has quite a few small weeds appearing. I've
looked at various guides and the closest match appears to be Chickweed. Can
someone have a look at a couple of pictures:

http://www.opticdata.com/photos/lawn1.jpg

and

http://www.opticdata.com/photos/lawn2.jpg

and let me know if that's what it is?

Would a regular weed & feed product take car of it? I've just been pulling
them up so far but they appear to be spreading.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Old 09-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Kay Easton

In article , RobK
writes
I have a small front lawn that has quite a few small weeds appearing. I've
looked at various guides and the closest match appears to be Chickweed. Can
someone have a look at a couple of pictures:

http://www.opticdata.com/photos/lawn1.jpg

and

http://www.opticdata.com/photos/lawn2.jpg

and let me know if that's what it is?

Yes, almost certainly chickweed.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 09-04-2003, 10:44 PM
david

Mouse eared chickweed

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 10-04-2003, 04:32 AM
RobK

Thanks David and Kay. :-)

It almost seems a shame to kill it off; I think it looks quite pretty. It's
apparently good to eat when cooked - anyone have any recipes?

RK

"david" wrote in message
Mouse eared chickweed

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 10-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Kay Easton

In article , RobK
writes
Thanks David and Kay. :-)

It almost seems a shame to kill it off; I think it looks quite pretty.

In that case - leave it :-)
Tell people you have a wild flower lawn.

Other things that will grow in very short turf include veronica, with
blue flowers, and hop trefoil or birds foot trefoil, both with yellow
flowers.

Apparently some of our village cricket pitches are the last remaining
reserves of wild camomile - nowhere else gets the frequent show mowing
that the plant requires.
It's
apparently good to eat when cooked - anyone have any recipes?

RK

"david" wrote in message
Mouse eared chickweed

--