GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Weeping grape vines (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/143529-weeping-grape-vines.html)

Wallace 04-05-2006 08:26 PM

Weeping grape vines

I have a grape vine on the side of my house which is weeping. I haven't gone
out of my way to cut any of the woody material, but it has become damaged
nonetheless. What would people suggest to stop it weeping?

It's been going for several days so I'm not sure that plant wound management
is as good as mammals can achieve. Perhaps it's a royal haemophiliac vine!

Nick Maclaren 04-05-2006 10:55 PM

Weeping grape vines

In article , "Wallace" writes:
| I have a grape vine on the side of my house which is weeping. I haven't gone
| out of my way to cut any of the woody material, but it has become damaged
| nonetheless. What would people suggest to stop it weeping?

Dunno. I have succeeded with a blowtorch, but that kills the part
you are using the blowtorch on!

| It's been going for several days so I'm not sure that plant wound management
| is as good as mammals can achieve. Perhaps it's a royal haemophiliac vine!

They all are. A small amount of weeping won't kill a healthy vine,
and it will eventually stop.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.