GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Horseradish Thongs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/143551-horseradish-thongs.html)

starglo 05-05-2006 01:54 PM

Horseradish Thongs

Hi all.... am the proud owner of 3 h.thongs. Don't fancy planting them in the ground as they are around 8-9 inches long, so as soon as there is a bit of shade today shall plant them in a largish pot.
Have mixed multi compost with earth from the garden...as it flourishes on waste ground I didn't think it needed anything too rich....hope that's right...please let me know if I'm wrong in that assumpion.
I understand you can cut a root into segments to 'root' on kind of thing, has anyone here tried this and if so what was the outcome?
And does it grow as well in a pot as it would in the ground?
Hope you can help,
Starglo