GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Watering (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/143555-watering.html)

kt 05-05-2006 10:57 AM

Watering

Hi All

As a novice who has recently inherited an acres worth of garden I need
a bit of help. I have planted a lot of evergreen shrubs (laurel,
escallonia etc) and am wondering is there a general idea of how often
to water. I know this is probably a ridiculous question but at the
moment I am running around with a watering can for an hour at a time, I
thought better to over water than under

Thanks

Bob Hobden 05-05-2006 05:28 PM

Watering

Kate wrote
As a novice who has recently inherited an acres worth of garden I need
a bit of help. I have planted a lot of evergreen shrubs (laurel,
escallonia etc) and am wondering is there a general idea of how often
to water. I know this is probably a ridiculous question but at the
moment I am running around with a watering can for an hour at a time, I
thought better to over water than under

I would have thought one good soaking a week would be enough during the
summer, if it's hot. You don't want to overwater as the roots won't have the
incentive to grow in search of it.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden