Old 07-05-2006, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Me here

Default Another Tree to identify (Link to pics)

Around 2 years ago my neighbour planted what looked like a stick. No name
tag and wasn't sure what it was.

Over this time it has grown very quickly into rather a nice tree.

In late summer the leaves are absolutely huge, something similar in shape to
a Maple. The bark is similar to Cherry but finer in "rings" and a grey/brown
colour.

At the moment, for the first time, it is in flower. Light mauve flowers in
trumpet shape.

Question is....what is it and will it fruit?

http://photos.yahoo.com/robbowatson

Album has 2 pics.

Thanks in advance

Old 07-05-2006, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Northern Girl

Me here wrote:

Around 2 years ago my neighbour planted what looked like a stick. No name
tag and wasn't sure what it was.

Over this time it has grown very quickly into rather a nice tree.

In late summer the leaves are absolutely huge, something similar in shape to
a Maple. The bark is similar to Cherry but finer in "rings" and a grey/brown
colour.

At the moment, for the first time, it is in flower. Light mauve flowers in
trumpet shape.

Question is....what is it and will it fruit?

http://photos.yahoo.com/robbowatson

Album has 2 pics.

Thanks in advance

Paulownia Tomentosa (foxglove tree) it's fast growing and reaches a
hight of 30ft, with wide-spreading crown and needs plenty of room, the
flower buds are formed the previous summer and autumn.

HTH

Old 07-05-2006, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"Northern Girl" wrote
Around 2 years ago my neighbour planted what looked like a stick. No name
tag and wasn't sure what it was.

Over this time it has grown very quickly into rather a nice tree.

In late summer the leaves are absolutely huge, something similar in shape
a Maple. The bark is similar to Cherry but finer in "rings" and a
grey/brown
colour.

At the moment, for the first time, it is in flower. Light mauve flowers
in
trumpet shape.

Question is....what is it and will it fruit?

http://photos.yahoo.com/robbowatson

Album has 2 pics.

Paulownia Tomentosa (foxglove tree) it's fast growing and reaches a
hight of 30ft, with wide-spreading crown and needs plenty of room, the
flower buds are formed the previous summer and autumn.

A lot of people cut them down to the ground each year to get huge leaves on
new growth but they miss the flowers then.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 07-05-2006, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Me here

"Northern Girl" wrote in message
ups.com...
Me here wrote:

[...]

It certainly does....Many thanks young lady