GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fertilizing Peas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/143652-fertilizing-peas.html)

Bookworm 07-05-2006 04:40 PM

Fertilizing Peas

Just sown my second row of Peas. Ground has not been fertilized as I
read that peas fix their own nitrogen.

Do I have to put any extra fertilizer into the ground?

What about a sprinkling of Chicken Poo?

Bob Hobden 07-05-2006 05:18 PM

Fertilizing Peas

"Bookworm"wrote ...
Just sown my second row of Peas. Ground has not been fertilized as I
read that peas fix their own nitrogen.

Do I have to put any extra fertilizer into the ground?

What about a sprinkling of Chicken Poo?

Won't do any harm, I use that excellent stuff too.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

La Puce 07-05-2006 05:36 PM

Fertilizing Peas

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Bookworm"wrote ...
Just sown my second row of Peas. Ground has not been fertilized as I
read that peas fix their own nitrogen.
Do I have to put any extra fertilizer into the ground?
What about a sprinkling of Chicken Poo?

Won't do any harm, I use that excellent stuff too.

I use it a couple of month before sowing. Next week is the week for
peas - full moon :o)