Old 08-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Registered User

Default Greenhouse Glazing - Rubber Joints

I've inherited a cedar greenhouse in my newly purchased garden, with very little glass, mostly broken. I'd like to renovate it, and as I've got kids, I'd like to glaze with polycarbonate. I've managed to find some fairly cheaply (secondhand), although not in sizes big enough for the panels.

What I want to do is join the glazing horizontally, but would rather not use Z clips, as I want to maximise insulation during the winter. Currently there are a couple of panes joined horizontally using H shaped rubber moulding, which looks like the perfect solution. Does anyone know where I can get this, or even the correct name so I can find a supplier on the internet?

Cheers,

Keith.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"km68" wrote in message

I've inherited a cedar greenhouse in my newly purchased garden, with
very little glass, mostly broken. I'd like to renovate it, and as I've
got kids, I'd like to glaze with polycarbonate. I've managed to find
some fairly cheaply (secondhand), although not in sizes big enough for
the panels.

What I want to do is join the glazing horizontally, but would rather
not use Z clips, as I want to maximise insulation during the winter.
Currently there are a couple of panes joined horizontally using H
shaped rubber moulding, which looks like the perfect solution. Does
anyone know where I can get this, or even the correct name so I can
find a supplier on the internet?
Cheers,
Keith.

This rubber moulding company might be able to tell you what it's called :~))
http://www.harboro.co.uk/

Jenny