Old 29-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Registered User

Location: County Kerry, Ireland
Default What is this plant

Hello,
I bought 3 of these some years ago, kept them in containers until I was ready to plant them. My problem is I lost the tags on them. I hope someone can give me some info, how high and wide they grow, are they a type of hedge or shrub. Will they survive an exposed area.

I also have this small plant in my garden, is it a weed.

Ok I was going to attach photos but I'm being told to attach them manually, can anyone tell me how to do this.
Old 29-05-2012, 01:26 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrygirl View Post
Hello,
I bought 3 of these some years ago, kept them in containers until I was ready to plant them. My problem is I lost the tags on them. I hope someone can give me some info, how high and wide they grow, are they a type of hedge or shrub. Will they survive an exposed area.

I also have this small plant in my garden, is it a weed.

Ok I was going to attach photos but I'm being told to attach them manually, can anyone tell me how to do this.
You are using gardenbanter to post to a newsgroup, uk.rec.gardening, which does not allow pictures. So the best thing to do is to use a picture sharing website such as Flickr, put the pictures there, then post a link here.
__________________
Old 29-05-2012, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

kerrygirl wrote:
Ok I was going to attach photos but I'm being told to attach them
manually, can anyone tell me how to do this.

Put them on flickr or something similar, then attach the link
Old 29-05-2012, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"kerrygirl" wrote

Hello,
I bought 3 of these some years ago, kept them in containers until I was
ready to plant them. My problem is I lost the tags on them. I hope
someone can give me some info, how high and wide they grow, are they a
type of hedge or shrub. Will they survive an exposed area.

I also have this small plant in my garden, is it a weed.

Ok I was going to attach photos but I'm being told to attach them
manually, can anyone tell me how to do this.

I notice you come to this newsgroup via Gardenbanter instead of direct like
most of us. Gardenbanter have a way of dealing with photos for newsgroups
and you should be able to find out how to do it from their web site.
Basically I believe you upload to them and then post a link here, rather
like using flickr etc.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 30-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Registered User

Location: County Kerry, Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
[...]

Hello Bob,

I thought you guys were gardenbanter. Bob how do I go direct to this newsgroup and what are ye called. Thank you Bob for replying

Old 31-05-2012, 09:36 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

I guess that her response to Bob and your response means no-one has seen my previous reply to this thread, right?

A good demonstration of why it's better to go directly to urg and not via here!
__________________
Old 31-05-2012, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"kerrygirl" wrote

I thought you guys were gardenbanter. Bob how do I go direct to this
newsgroup and what are ye called. Thank you Bob for replying

No, we are a Newsgroup which is part of Usenet which actually predates the
www. So an ancient form of internet communication. :-)
I use Windows Live Mail to access this and other newsgroups (there are
thousands). Do you use a program to access your e-mails? If you do that
should also be capable of showing Newsgroups. One problem is that not all
ISPs carry newsgroups these days so that may stop you unless you pay a News
provider like news.individual.net.
On WLM you should see the word newsgroups at bottom left or under Accounts
(can't remember it's so long ago), click on it and your computer will
download the names of all newsgroups your ISP carries. you can then search
for the ones you want to subscribe too (it's free) and they will appear on
the left hand side of your window every time you open newsgroups again. So
then you just click on uk.rec.gardening and your computer downloads the
latest messages/replies and you do from there. The more you use it a look
around your screen the more you will see you can do.
Give it a go and come back with any other queries.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 31-05-2012, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:
"kerrygirl" wrote

I thought you guys were gardenbanter. Bob how do I go direct to this
newsgroup and what are ye called. Thank you Bob for replying

No, we are a Newsgroup which is part of Usenet which actually predates the
www. So an ancient form of internet communication. :-)

So old that it predates the internet :-) Just.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 31-05-2012, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , kerrygirl.a3c3b16
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...

I thought you guys were gardenbanter. Bob how do I go direct to this
newsgroup and what are ye called.

Read the sticky at the top of the list on your screen.

Janet.