GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Drumstick primula (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/143998-drumstick-primula.html)

[email protected] 13-05-2006 11:07 AM

Drumstick primula

I've sown some seeds for Drumstick Primula about 3 weeks ago, but no
sign of anything yet yet. Do they take a long time to germinate .
Being cheeky now, has anyone get any spare seed just in case they don't
germinate?

Thanks

Chris Hogg 14-05-2006 06:30 PM

Drumstick primula

On 13 May 2006 03:07:48 -0700, wrote:

I've sown some seeds for Drumstick Primula about 3 weeks ago, but no
sign of anything yet yet. Do they take a long time to germinate .
Being cheeky now, has anyone get any spare seed just in case they don't
germinate?

Thanks

I'm having a similar problem with a packet of mixed candelabra
primulas. BTW, I believe primula seeds need light to trigger
germination, so should be surface-sown and not covered.

--
Chris

Instep 14-05-2006 06:31 PM

Drumstick primula

I sowed some drumstick primulas and they came up like mustard & cress, but I
haven't pricked them out yet.

Ann