GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   magnolia identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/144170-magnolia-identification.html)

Trevor Reece 16-05-2006 12:55 PM

magnolia identification

I have a magnolia given to me as a young plant, claiming to be magnolia
stellata, now that it has flowered it is not like any stellata I have
seen, the flowers hang down for a start.

can anyone identify this, or perhaps suggest somewhere that might help

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twreece/

Cheers
Trevor

Sacha 16-05-2006 01:52 PM

magnolia identification

Trevor Reece wrote:
I have a magnolia given to me as a young plant, claiming to be magnolia
stellata, now that it has flowered it is not like any stellata I have
seen, the flowers hang down for a start.

can anyone identify this, or perhaps suggest somewhere that might help

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twreece/

Possibly Magnolia sinensis? I think it's lovely but I'm not a fan of
M. stellata.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Chris Hogg 16-05-2006 06:21 PM

magnolia identification

On Tue, 16 May 2006 12:55:33 +0100, "Trevor Reece"
wrote:

I have a magnolia given to me as a young plant, claiming to be magnolia
stellata, now that it has flowered it is not like any stellata I have
seen, the flowers hang down for a start.

can anyone identify this, or perhaps suggest somewhere that might help

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twreece/

Cheers
Trevor

Try Magnolia sieboldii