GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yucca pruning (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/144356-yucca-pruning.html)

Stewart Robert Hinsley 19-05-2006 01:54 PM

Yucca pruning

My neighbour has a Yucca which is outgrowing its bounds. Would I be
correct that he can cut it back severely, and if so when should he do
so, and by how much should he cut it back?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

p.k. 19-05-2006 06:34 PM

Yucca pruning

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
My neighbour has a Yucca which is outgrowing its bounds. Would I be
correct that he can cut it back severely, and if so when should he do
so, and by how much should he cut it back?

Whenever he likes and by however much he likes. Robust little buggers yuccas
are!

pk

June Hughes 19-05-2006 07:08 PM

Yucca pruning

In message , Stewart Robert Hinsley
writes
My neighbour has a Yucca which is outgrowing its bounds. Would I be
correct that he can cut it back severely, and if so when should he do
so, and by how much should he cut it back?

They are extremely tough. Bas has dug ours out altogether over the last
22 years and it still keeps coming back.
--
June Hughes

La Puce 21-05-2006 01:15 PM

Yucca pruning

June Hughes wrote:
In message , Stewart Robert Hinsley
writes
My neighbour has a Yucca which is outgrowing its bounds. Would I be
correct that he can cut it back severely, and if so when should he do
so, and by how much should he cut it back?

They are extremely tough. Bas has dug ours out altogether over the last
22 years and it still keeps coming back.

I've taken many cuttings from Yucca - all took superbly well. Stewart's
neighbour could have many free ones too :o)

June Hughes 21-05-2006 02:52 PM

Yucca pruning

In message .com, La
Puce writes

June Hughes wrote:
In message , Stewart Robert Hinsley
writes
My neighbour has a Yucca which is outgrowing its bounds. Would I be
correct that he can cut it back severely, and if so when should he do
so, and by how much should he cut it back?

They are extremely tough. Bas has dug ours out altogether over the last
22 years and it still keeps coming back.

I've taken many cuttings from Yucca - all took superbly well. Stewart's
neighbour could have many free ones too :o)

We have also done that and people seemed to have been pleased with them.
No-one has come back and said their yucca has produced lots of babies
but I'll bet they are just too polite to tell me.
--
June Hughes

Stewart Robert Hinsley 23-05-2006 09:36 PM

Yucca pruning

In message , June Hughes
writes
In message , Stewart Robert Hinsley
writes
My neighbour has a Yucca which is outgrowing its bounds. Would I be
correct that he can cut it back severely, and if so when should he do
so, and by how much should he cut it back?

They are extremely tough. Bas has dug ours out altogether over the
last 22 years and it still keeps coming back.

Thanks everyone for the input.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley