GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gardeners World Live or Hampton Court (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/144412-gardeners-world-live-hampton-court.html)

Andrew Newton 20-05-2006 05:34 PM

Gardeners World Live or Hampton Court

Looking for some opinions on which is the best show to visit as I thought I
might surprise higher management as a treat this year.

Your opinions welecomed

Andrew

Sacha 21-05-2006 09:34 AM

Gardeners World Live or Hampton Court

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Andrew Newton" contains these words:

Looking for some opinions on which is the best show to visit as I thought I
might surprise higher management as a treat this year.

Hampton Court without a doubt.

I agree absolutely. It's a lovely show at a gorgeous venue and you
have the fun of buying plants, too! I believe there's some kind of
package deal that can be done involving picnic hampers etc. and lo and
behold, here's one possibility!
http://www.rhs.org.uk/hamptoncourt/2006/gala/index.asp
and here's another:
http://www.rhs.org.uk/hamptoncourt/2...fo/picnics.asp
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

UkJay 21-05-2006 03:04 PM

Andrew Newton wrote:
Looking for some opinions on which is the best show to visit as I thought I
might surprise higher management as a treat this year.

Your opinions welecomed

Andrew

I sometimes judge places I visit by how many photographs I have taken
while
visiting, and my camera never stopped clicking at Hampton Court!
(mind you the weather was brilliant that day not like today)

I have been to Gardeners World Live a few years ago, but I have to say
Hampton Court gets the thumbs up from me Andrew.

--

GOOD LUCK
James (ukjay)

http://www.ukjay.co.uk

Garden WebCam,Photography,Competitions,Weather (AWS)

Scotia 21-05-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Newton
Looking for some opinions on which is the best show to visit as I thought I
might surprise higher management as a treat this year.

Your opinions welecomed

Andrew

Gardeners world is better suited to the weather, apart from the model gardens, i.e. most of it is enclosed.

Other than that I find both of them similar.