Old 22-05-2006, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sts4Heffer

Default Worcester Flower

http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co....cester1909.htm

please can you assist in identifying this flower...

regs
DJ

Old 22-05-2006, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sts4Heffer writes
http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co....cester1909.htm

please can you assist in identifying this flower...

Sweet peas. An 'artistic' representation.
--
Kay
Old 22-05-2006, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Sts4Heffer" wrote in message
http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co....cester1909.htm

please can you assist in identifying this flower...

regs
DJ

Sorry I can't and I think that is because they are just an artists idea of
plants.
It was not unusual to decorate china of this period with a plethora of mixed
features taken from the best of a vast variety of subjects.
Quite a nice example-do you have a pair?

Old 22-05-2006, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

"Sts4Heffer" wrote in message
http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co....cester1909.htm

please can you assist in identifying this flower...

regs
DJ

Sorry I can't and I think that is because they are just an artists idea of
plants.
It was not unusual to decorate china of this period with a plethora of mixed
features taken from the best of a vast variety of subjects.
Quite a nice example-do you have a pair?

Do you not think it is sweet pea? The flower has the right form, the
leaves on the RHS are right, and there are tendrils visible on the L

--
Kay
Old 23-05-2006, 12:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"K" wrote in message
"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

"Sts4Heffer" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co....cester1909.htm

please can you assist in identifying this flower...

regs
DJ

Sorry I can't and I think that is because they are just an artists idea of
plants.
It was not unusual to decorate china of this period with a plethora of
mixed
features taken from the best of a vast variety of subjects.
Quite a nice example-do you have a pair?

Do you not think it is sweet pea? The flower has the right form, the
leaves on the RHS are right, and there are tendrils visible on the L

--
Kay

Your original post appeared after I had replied to OP--- ISP out of sync
(again)
Mixed sweet peas perhaps:-)
Are the white blobby things also sweet peas?

Old 23-05-2006, 07:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sts4Heffer

"Sts4Heffer" wrote in message
http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co....cester1909.htm

please can you assist in identifying this flower...

regs
DJ

thanks all, there is a trio, the second has a rose and third,
blackberries.......

Old 23-05-2006, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Sts4Heffer" wrote in message

"Sts4Heffer" wrote in message
http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co....cester1909.htm

please can you assist in identifying this flower...

regs
DJ

thanks all, there is a trio, the second has a rose and third,
blackberries.......

I am very jealous- you lucky (censored) thing. Perhaps they were two pairs
and one has got broken:-)

Old 23-05-2006, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

"K" wrote in message
"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

Sorry I can't and I think that is because they are just an artists idea of
plants.
It was not unusual to decorate china of this period with a plethora of
mixed
features taken from the best of a vast variety of subjects.
Quite a nice example-do you have a pair?

Do you not think it is sweet pea? The flower has the right form, the
leaves on the RHS are right, and there are tendrils visible on the L

Your original post appeared after I had replied to OP--- ISP out of sync
(again)
Mixed sweet peas perhaps:-)
Are the white blobby things also sweet peas?

I think they're meant to be almost open flowers. There isn't anything
else different associated with them (different leaves for example), so I
think the whole lot are meant to be the same flower

--
Kay
Old 23-05-2006, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sts4Heffer

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Sts4Heffer" wrote in message

"Sts4Heffer" wrote in message
http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co....cester1909.htm

please can you assist in identifying this flower...

regs
DJ

thanks all, there is a trio, the second has a rose and third,
blackberries.......

I am very jealous- you lucky (censored) thing. Perhaps they were two pairs
and one has got broken:-)

thanks, they belong to my father............they are singles really.

these pots were made as singles but people have collected them and termed
them pairs etc.

I class a "real" pair as the same scene ie a rose or cattle but mirror
imaged (one looking at tother)

dj

Old 23-05-2006, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sts4Heffer

"Sts4Heffer" wrote in message
http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co....cester1909.htm

please can you assist in identifying this flower...

regs
DJ

here they are in their glory

http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co....cesterpots.htm