GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Recommendations for a wood chipper. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/145311-recommendations-wood-chipper.html)

Nick 22-05-2006 09:07 PM

Recommendations for a wood chipper.

Want to buy a wood chipper/mulcher.
Must be petrol or diesel powered. Don't want to hire as I need it for at
least a year but for light use. Probably about 5 inches capacity as this
should cope with 2-3 inch stuff readily.
Ideally would prefer used but serviceable but this is unlikely perhaps
Any recommendations or pratfalls to avoid please?

Not for Yew, but I have a lot of thinning to do and also a use for a large
qty of wood chippings.

Thanks

Nick.

Sue 22-05-2006 11:04 PM

Recommendations for a wood chipper.

"Nick" wrote
Want to buy a wood chipper/mulcher.
Must be petrol or diesel powered. Don't want to hire as I need it for
at least a year but for light use. Probably about 5 inches capacity as
this should cope with 2-3 inch stuff readily.
Ideally would prefer used but serviceable but this is unlikely perhaps
Any recommendations or pratfalls to avoid please?

Not for Yew, but I have a lot of thinning to do and also a use for a
large qty of wood chippings.

My Other Half suggests the Bearcats as a good product.
http://www.bearcatproducts.com/
Their mid-range has 3, 4, or 5" versions which might suit you. Pricey
for non-commercial use but dealers may have access to used machines as
well as new. Try local agricultural machinery suppliers for quotes and
info.

--
Sue