GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Slug & Snail Shoka Mat (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/145348-slug-snail-shoka-mat.html)

[email protected] 23-05-2006 01:52 PM

Slug & Snail Shoka Mat

Hi - has anyone tried these mats used to deter slugs/snails?
Supposedly they are laced with copper which will keep slugs & snails
away. (http://www.rootrainers.co.uk/supplies/slug/slug).

If so, did you have success with them? I'm planning on using them in a
small area (3 foot by 6 foot) protecting a varity of different veg.

Rgds,
Kevin.

[email protected] 23-05-2006 05:25 PM

Slug & Snail Shoka Mat

wrote:
Hi - has anyone tried these mats used to deter slugs/snails?
Supposedly they are laced with copper which will keep slugs & snails
away. (
http://www.rootrainers.co.uk/supplies/slug/slug).

If so, did you have success with them? I'm planning on using them in a
small area (3 foot by 6 foot) protecting a varity of different veg.

Rgds,
Kevin.

Sorry Kevin; never heard of it; sounds too good to be true but I would
love to know if it works; I have seen various recommendations for slug
repellent and many are useless;
just now, I would use underpaid third world children if I believed it
would work (hard to make them stay still I guess).

[email protected] 23-05-2006 07:29 PM

Slug & Snail Shoka Mat

Well, seeing as its just 6 quid, I've taken a gamble on them. I'll
report back....