GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New website (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/145476-new-website.html)

paulo232323 26-05-2006 09:09 AM

New website

Has anybody seen the new gardening website www.pvgc2.co.uk? It is really nice to see a site that looks so nice and is easy to use. I found it very cheap too. I'll be interested to see what you all think about it

Phil L 26-05-2006 03:30 PM

New website

paulo232323 wrote:
Has anybody seen the new gardening website www.pvgc2.co.uk? It is
really nice to see a site that looks so nice and is easy to use. I
found it very cheap too. I'll be interested to see what you all think
about it

OK, my thoughts are thus:
any site that requires spam to get noticed isn't worth visiting.

HTH

BoyPete 26-05-2006 08:54 PM

New website

Phil L wrote:
paulo232323 wrote:
Has anybody seen the new gardening website www.pvgc2.co.uk? It is
really nice to see a site that looks so nice and is easy to use. I
found it very cheap too. I'll be interested to see what you all think
about it

OK, my thoughts are thus:
any site that requires spam to get noticed isn't worth visiting.

HTH

You can't anyway 'Page cannot be found' lol
--
London meet 2006
http://www.blackberrymoon.co.uk/meet2006/meet2006

JennyC 27-05-2006 06:53 AM

New website

"paulo232323" wrote in message

Has anybody seen the new gardening website www.pvgc2.co.uk? It is really
nice to see a site that looks so nice and is easy to use. I found it
very cheap too. I'll be interested to see what you all think about it
paulo232323

Techno stuff:
Good lay-out - loads fast - good navigation

Jenny

June Hughes 27-05-2006 08:19 AM

New website

In message , BoyPete
writes
Phil L wrote:
paulo232323 wrote:
Has anybody seen the new gardening website www.pvgc2.co.uk? It is
really nice to see a site that looks so nice and is easy to use. I
found it very cheap too. I'll be interested to see what you all think
about it

OK, my thoughts are thus:
any site that requires spam to get noticed isn't worth visiting.

HTH

You can't anyway 'Page cannot be found' lol

It loaded OK for me but appears to be just another garden centre. If
you want one of those, surely it is better to have a face-to-face
service and use your local one. People around Maidstone, where it seems
to be based, will probably like it. I thought it was a very nice site.
--
June Hughes

paulo232323 27-05-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil L
paulo232323 wrote:
Has anybody seen the new gardening website www.pvgc2.co.uk? It is
really nice to see a site that looks so nice and is easy to use. I
found it very cheap too. I'll be interested to see what you all think
about it

OK, my thoughts are thus:
any site that requires spam to get noticed isn't worth visiting.

HTH

I think that is harsh. How do sites get noticed without publicising like that?

Richard Brooks 27-05-2006 11:04 AM

New website

Phil L wrote:
paulo232323 wrote:

Has anybody seen the new gardening website www.pvgc2.co.uk? It is
really nice to see a site that looks so nice and is easy to use. I
found it very cheap too. I'll be interested to see what you all think
about it

OK, my thoughts are thus:
any site that requires spam to get noticed isn't worth visiting.

HTH

FFS RTFM!

Snipped from Usenet.rul
----
Subject: Rules for posting to Usenet
Date: 27 Mar 1993 12:16:22 -0500

Announcement of professional products or services on Usenet is allowed;
however, since someone else is paying the phone bills for this, it is
important that it be of overall benefit to Usenet. Post to the
appropriate newsgroup -- comp.newprod -- never to a general purpose
newsgroup such as "misc.misc". Clearly mark your article as a product
announcement in the subject. Never repeat these -- one article per
product at the most; preferably group everything into one article.
----

Something like [ADV] in the Subject header might help though!

Richard.

--
Two updates tools for 3D Studio Max
http://www.kdbanglia.com/maxtools.html

Mike 27-05-2006 03:36 PM

New website

I think that is harsh. How do sites get noticed without publicising
like that?

--
paulo232323

A case of .......

"Those that can .... do. Those that cannot ..... critisize and net nanny"

?

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007

Mike 27-05-2006 05:37 PM

New website

Reference my posting :-(((

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007

"Janet Baraclough"

June Hughes 27-05-2006 06:02 PM

New website

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from paulo232323 contains these words:

I think that is harsh. How do sites get noticed without publicising
like that?

Read the group's charter, link posted weekly in a message called abc
for newcomers. It says (start quote)

snip

Businesses, website owners, webmasters etc should NOT pose as their own
satisfied gardening customers. Any hint of such slyness, deception or
dishonesty towards intended customers means only a fool would entrust
that business/website with creditcard details etc.

Is he posing as a customer? If he is, I must have missed something. Is
he claiming to be a representative of the company in question? Or is he
just mentioning the site of a garden centre he knows and likes? If he
is, innocent posters here had better beware of doing that in future, or
they may just find their heads being bitten off by certain other
posters.

--
June Hughes

Mike 27-05-2006 06:20 PM

New website

If he
is, innocent posters here had better beware of doing that in future, or
they may just find their heads being bitten off by certain other
posters.

--
June Hughes

'WHAT do you mean?'

Wash your mouth out or the net nannies will put soap in your mouth and wash
it out for you ;-)

K 27-05-2006 06:59 PM

New website

paulo232323 writes

Phil L Wrote:
paulo232323 wrote:
Has anybody seen the new gardening website www.pvgc2.co.uk? It is
really nice to see a site that looks so nice and is easy to use. I
found it very cheap too. I'll be interested to see what you all think
about it

OK, my thoughts are thus:
any site that requires spam to get noticed isn't worth visiting.

HTH

I think that is harsh. How do sites get noticed without publicising
like that?

Usually, by having good content so they are picked up by search engines.
Not by spamming contrary to the charter of this newsgroup. That's likely
to alienate potential customers.

I have no idea whether you are the owner of this website or genuinely a
satisfied customer.

However, should I believe that someone had dishonestly posed as a
satisfied customer to advertise their website, I would be extremely
worried about doing business with them
--
Kay

June Hughes 27-05-2006 07:07 PM

New website

In message , Mike
writes
If he
is, innocent posters here had better beware of doing that in future, or
they may just find their heads being bitten off by certain other
posters.

--
June Hughes

'WHAT do you mean?'

Wash your mouth out or the net nannies will put soap in your mouth and wash
it out for you ;-)

I wasn't encouraging support. Just stating the obvious. I have just as
poor an opinion of your sometimes outrageous posts too but what do I
know?
--
June Hughes

June Hughes 28-05-2006 09:11 AM

New website

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes

Businesses, website owners, webmasters etc should NOT pose as their own
satisfied gardening customers. Any hint of such slyness, deception or
dishonesty towards intended customers means only a fool would entrust
that business/website with creditcard details etc.

Is he posing as a customer? If he is, I must have missed something. Is
he claiming to be a representative of the company in question? Or is he
just mentioning the site of a garden centre he knows and likes?

Well, he joined gardenbanter today and this thread is his only
participation there (no previous PH).

That doesn't sound good.
His first, recommendation post is worded specifically to sound as if
he is a satisfied visitor/user/customer.

His later post asks "How do sites get noticed without publicising
like that?"

Note, in his own words, the website is the subject (do-er) of the
verbs publicise and getting noticed,

Perhaps he would kindly enlighten us as to what is true and what is not.
If he doesn't, I suppose we can assume the worst.
--
June Hughes