GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Large garden centre recomm - N/NE London (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/145565-large-garden-centre-recomm-n-ne-london.html)

igaquo1 28-05-2006 06:56 PM

Large garden centre recomm - N/NE London

Hi

I recently moved to England so dont know much about the names and quality of the garden centres. I am looking for a decent sized/large garden centre with a big range of plants and pots, and good prices, as opposed to something like B&Q or a small city garden centre. I live in Islington, but willing to travel out say 20km to find one, but closer the better. I'd appreciate any recommendations of such garden centres in the North/ North East of London.

thanks
Jeremy

Paul Corfield 28-05-2006 10:48 PM

Large garden centre recomm - N/NE London

On Sun, 28 May 2006 17:56:33 +0000, igaquo1
wrote:

Hi

I recently moved to England so dont know much about the names and
quality of the garden centres. I am looking for a decent sized/large
garden centre with a big range of plants and pots, and good prices, as
opposed to something like B&Q or a small city garden centre. I live in
Islington, but willing to travel out say 20km to find one, but closer
the better. I'd appreciate any recommendations of such garden centres
in the North/ North East of London.

There is the Camden Garden Centre which has a decent choice but is
expensive. I spent a bit too much money there today.

http://www.camdengardencentre.co.uk/

There is also this lot who I have not used.

http://www.capitalgardens.co.uk/

There is also a small garden centre near Dalston Kingsland

http://www.londontown.com/LondonInfo...n_Centre/b09d/

Again not tried this one but some of the local gardens open for the NGS
and are very nice so I imagine it does a decent local trade.

Alternatively get yourself along to Crews Hill north of Enfield which is
solid garden centres and nurseries from one end to the other. A decent
choice and much cheaper than in town. You can literally make a day of
going from one end to the other of the main road which has all the
garden centres on it.

There is plenty of parking space but it gets a bit crazy at weekends.
There are also direct trains from Essex Road / Highbury and Islington /
Finsbury Park during the week or Kings Cross / Finsbury Park at
weekends. The weekend service is a bit awful at present due to regular
engineering works.

HTH

--
Paul C

igaquo1 29-05-2006 03:37 PM

thanks for your tips. Crews Hill sounds useful then.

June Hughes 29-05-2006 09:33 PM

Large garden centre recomm - N/NE London

In message , igaquo1
writes

thanks for your tips. Crews Hill sounds useful then.

Depends where you live. It is well known here, although I don't go
there often, as I spend too much money when I do. There are several
large concerns there as well as the local ones but you will soon find
out which is which.
--
June Hughes