Old 30-05-2006, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NikV

Default Moving house and transplanting Pear tree update 3 as requested

http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved2.jpg

well folks here it is - dug up on 7th ish of may - not misting at all now
(last week) and watering once a day, some leaves have fallen - not many -
about to lightly feed - new growth on the top is about 3" long

will it survive the move - removal company says not to water for three days
before move - inclined to ignore them and water up to day before - what do
you reckon

--
(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
.·°·. NIK .·°·.

Old 30-05-2006, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"NikV" wrote in message
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved2.jpg

well folks here it is - dug up on 7th ish of may - not misting at all now
(last week) and watering once a day, some leaves have fallen - not many -
about to lightly feed - new growth on the top is about 3" long

will it survive the move - removal company says not to water for three
days before move - inclined to ignore them and water up to day before -
what do you reckon

--
(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
.·°·. NIK .·°·.
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)

Wonderful. Why would it nor survive being moved?-you are past the critical
stage.
Ignore the removal men--they just want it to be a bit lighter.

Old 30-05-2006, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"NikV" wrote in message

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"NikV" wrote in message
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved2.jpg

well folks here it is - dug up on 7th ish of may - not misting at all
now (last week) and watering once a day, some leaves have fallen - not
many - about to lightly feed - new growth on the top is about 3" long

will it survive the move - removal company says not to water for three
days before move - inclined to ignore them and water up to day before -
what do you reckon

Wonderful. Why would it nor survive being moved?-you are past the
critical stage.
Ignore the removal men--they just want it to be a bit lighter.

Can't think of any reason why it wouldn't now but some who answered the
original enquiry were very pessimistic so I was wondering if further
pitfalls lay in wait.

I gathered that about the removal men :-)

thinking at the moment of leaving in the pot until we know where we want
to plant it (when we move) can I just keep watering it as at present?

Typically after explaining to SWMBO how risky it was - and the apparent
sucess so far she now wants to mpve a victoria plum of about the same
size - trying to put her off though :-)

thanks to all who helped with advice
--
(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
.·°·. NIK .·°·.

Do have a go at moving the plumb--but make certain you kill it otherwise
SWMBO will have you moving the oak trees and leylandii hedges.
Has she thought about rolling up the lawn yet? :-)

Old 30-05-2006, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"NikV" wrote in message

[...]
Typically after explaining to SWMBO how risky it was - and the apparent
sucess so far she now wants to mpve a victoria plum of about the same
size - trying to put her off though :-)

thanks to all who helped with advice

Do have a go at moving the plumb--but make certain you kill it otherwise
SWMBO will have you moving the oak trees and leylandii hedges.
Has she thought about rolling up the lawn yet? :-)

Sorry if the following's been discussed in the earlier thread. It
occurs to me to ask if you've listed these trees on the solicitor's
checklist of what you're leaving and what you're taking. If you
haven't, your purchasers may want to turn legally awkward; and, quite
frankly, I wouldn't blame them -- they may be looking forward to having
the trees.

--
Mike.

Old 31-05-2006, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NikV

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"NikV" wrote in message

[...]
Typically after explaining to SWMBO how risky it was - and the apparent
sucess so far she now wants to mpve a victoria plum of about the same
size - trying to put her off though :-)

thanks to all who helped with advice

Do have a go at moving the plumb--but make certain you kill it otherwise
SWMBO will have you moving the oak trees and leylandii hedges.
Has she thought about rolling up the lawn yet? :-)

Sorry if the following's been discussed in the earlier thread. It
occurs to me to ask if you've listed these trees on the solicitor's
checklist of what you're leaving and what you're taking. If you
haven't, your purchasers may want to turn legally awkward; and, quite
frankly, I wouldn't blame them -- they may be looking forward to having
the trees.

--
Mike.

Yes all legally sorted although the purchasers must have spent less than 2
mins in the garden in total over two visits (they still told the estate
agents they loved it :-))

--
(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
.·°·. NIK .·°·.

Old 31-05-2006, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

NikV wrote:
well folks here it is - dug up on 7th ish of may - not misting at all now
(last week) and watering once a day, some leaves have fallen - not many -
about to lightly feed - new growth on the top is about 3" long
will it survive the move - removal company says not to water for three days
before move - inclined to ignore them and water up to day before - what do
you reckon

What did we tell ya?! BRILLIANT! Do give it a bit of water, but don't
over do it and say to removal folks that you haven't watered. Lie!!!
But don't feed it. We told you not too because the roots will get
damaged. Just leave it in its pot and don't expose it in full sun -
place it where it used to be before, it was sheltered by your bike
shed. Find a similar place for it in your new house. Your wife must be
happy )