GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Karcherpower washer spray problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/145751-karcherpower-washer-spray-problem.html)

OhNo 01-06-2006 06:57 AM

Karcherpower washer spray problem

"John" wrote in message
Hi, I realise I am only just on the "Fringe" posting with this, but
perhaps someone can help or direct me to a more appropriate Board.

In my garden I have a lot of paving slabs that I clean with a Karcher
power spray . The machine works fine, but I have problems with the "Wand".
I have bought two extra ones over a period and they all set off ok but
when I come to use after a winter they do not emit the same power of spray
as they did previously.
The problem is that the brass spray nozzle does not appear to fit dead
centre with the outer plastic slit thus causing it to loose a lot of
power. Well that is what it seems to me.

The result is that to get any power I am having to hold the end of the
wand to only 2" to 3" off the ground, thus reducing the width of spray and
taking forever.

Has anyone else experienced this and found an answer to the problem

Thanks for any help

John

yes, I did the same, bought a cheap electric PW and the jet head wore out
then the pump went tu.

then someone I know (a very nice person) bought an expensive petrol engine
HP PW and I have not looked back since............

the answer is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you get what you pay for.

OhNo 01-06-2006 05:59 PM

"OhNo" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
[...]

or what someone else has paid for...........

John 01-06-2006 08:02 PM

Karcherpower washer spray problem

Oh no ---not a cheap Karcher at almost £200 from their main suppliers!
and the wand (Lance) and the replacements were all genuine Karcher parts.

---You want to try again with some help?
Or anyone else who can give a realistic answer to my problem----------

OhNo 01-06-2006 08:28 PM

"OhNo" wrote in message

"OhNo" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
[...]

yes that's right £200 is a chepo..........the petrol model cost
£900............there is that better.

John wrote:
Oh no ---not a cheap Karcher at almost £200 from their main suppliers!
and the wand (Lance) and the replacements were all genuine Karcher parts.

---You want to try again with some help?
Or anyone else who can give a realistic answer to my problem----------

If it was working OK when you put it away and it doesn't work after a
winter then the most likely cause is that you have allowed it to be
frosted with water still in the works. Mine seems to have lasted
several seasons without any complaints so far.

Very hard water depositing calcium carbonate junk might also cause
trouble.

The DIY groups might be a better place to ask about cleaning defective
wands.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 01-06-2006 09:14 PM

Karcherpower washer spray problem

wrote in message
ps.com...

John wrote:
Oh no ---not a cheap Karcher at almost £200 from their main suppliers!
and the wand (Lance) and the replacements were all genuine Karcher parts.

---You want to try again with some help?
Or anyone else who can give a realistic answer to my problem----------

If it was working OK when you put it away and it doesn't work after a
winter then the most likely cause is that you have allowed it to be
frosted with water still in the works. Mine seems to have lasted
several seasons without any complaints so far.

Very hard water depositing calcium carbonate junk might also cause
trouble.

The DIY groups might be a better place to ask about cleaning defective
wands.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Yes uk.diy would be a help.
Personally when I have a need to clean a defective wand I visit the GUM
clinic.

cineman 02-06-2006 12:48 AM

Karcherpower washer spray problem

Hi,
Could you please adjust your clock, you are posting from the future 28/06/06
at 19-28 hours
strip and clean wand and nozzle there may be a small amount of dust/dirt
settled in, if left outside it may be frost thats caused it, answer is to
dry thouroughly and store frost free over winter
regards
Cineman

John 02-06-2006 02:38 PM

Karcherpower washer spray problem

Thanks to those who posted helpful comments.
Also apologies that my first posting had a wrong date on it
John
. uk...

OhNo 02-06-2006 04:59 PM

"OhNo" wrote in message

"OhNo" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
[...]

not me, but I know a man who did :-) and he lets me borrow it..........and
its not got a blocked nozzle.

garden centres, halfords, homebase and the like are selling chepo power
washers to all and sundry..........take a good look down your amenity tip
you will find them lined up with the Dyson upright cleaners.......

OhNo 02-06-2006 04:59 PM

"John" wrote in message
[...]

that's OK...........any time.

Me 02-06-2006 06:56 PM

"John" wrote in message
Hands up all the houseowners who pay £900 for a pressure washer to clean their garden
paths!

Dont forget, its not JUST " a pressure washer to clean their garden paths" though
Its a piece of equipment that has many uses, and i must agree that you get what you
pay for............i had one that cost me £400 about 15 years ago that would nearly break
your arm it was that powerful, and was still as good until some little pr*ck stole it from
my shed. The one i replaced it with was nowhere near as pricey, and nowhere near as
good

Me

OhNo 02-06-2006 07:06 PM

"Me" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Hands up all the houseowners who pay £900 for a pressure washer to clean
their garden paths!

Dont forget, its not JUST " a pressure washer to clean their garden
paths" though
Its a piece of equipment that has many uses, and i must agree that you get
what you
pay for............i had one that cost me £400 about 15 years ago that
would nearly break
your arm it was that powerful, and was still as good until some little
pr*ck stole it from
my shed. The one i replaced it with was nowhere near as pricey, and
nowhere near as
good

Me

£900 = 180 packets of fags............don't smoke
£900 = 180 gallons of petrol..........don't drive much
£900 = 400 pints of beer...............don't drink
£900 = 9 days in a 3/4 star hotel.....got a tent

so why not £900 on a good jet washer...........

Me 02-06-2006 09:21 PM

"OhNo" wrote in message ...

"Me" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
[...]

I couldnt agree more :-)

Robert 02-06-2006 10:53 PM

Karcherpower washer spray problem

In message , John
writes

"John" wrote in message
[...]

Other than the reason you give I cannot think why you should be losing
power other than partially blocked jets - unless the machine is leaking
which is an indication that the pump housing could be cracked - as we
found out with 2 Karcher machines. We now have a Stihl with an alloy
pump housing that seems to be holding up better than the Karchers.
I notice that your address is galmpton.org so it is likely that you are
located in South Devon - for the last few years I have bought garden
power kit from Radmore & Tucker, Frog St. Exeter - excellent service and
they invariably discount to match or better internet prices.
--
Robert