Old 01-06-2006, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default plants for alleyway by the side of my house

I have an alleyway by the side of my house which is kind of south
facing but is fairly narrow.

It does get overhead sun especially in a strip close to the wall of my
house well in summer anyway.

see link to google maps

http://maps.google.co.uk/?t=k&om=1&l...00724,0.001588

It gets enough sun for annual weeds to be growing and currently
reaching nearly waist height.
I have to battle my way through there most days to get my bicycle into
the garden. I would much prefer for something nice to grow there ,
potentially a climber or/and ground cover and scented would be good as
I brush past with the bike.

Obviously it can't be a thug as I still need access down the alleyway
as will my neighbours.

preferably also something to out compete the weeds to help keep them
down.

I live in Berkshre , good nuetral soil .

Any suggestions

Flowers: side by side mea305 Gardening 1 10-01-2007 02:23 PM
south side of a solo tree in open field is the best side Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 2 15-05-2003 02:20 PM
Best vine with maximum hieght for side of house. Jason Gardening 6 12-03-2003 02:08 AM
North side of house - insane plants? Cereoid+10 Gardening 8 07-02-2003 07:59 AM
North side of house Allview Gardening 8 06-02-2003 06:53 AM