Old 03-06-2006, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Adding electric start to petrol lawn mower

my partner's mum is unable to start her Electorlux LC400 lawn mover and
i was wondering if something could be done to make it easier for her.
it's nearly new & starts perfectly for me but she doesn;t have the
strength

is there something that couild make it easier - maybe an electric
starter?

thanks
Frank

Old 04-06-2006, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pied piper

wrote in message
oups.com...
my partner's mum is unable to start her Electorlux LC400 lawn mover and
i was wondering if something could be done to make it easier for her.
it's nearly new & starts perfectly for me but she doesn;t have the
strength

is there something that couild make it easier - maybe an electric
starter?

thanks
Frank
what do you think?

Old 04-06-2006, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

pied piper wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
my partner's mum is unable to start her Electorlux LC400 lawn mover and
i was wondering if something could be done to make it easier for her.
it's nearly new & starts perfectly for me but she doesn;t have the
strength

is there something that couild make it easier - maybe an electric
starter?

thanks
Frank
what do you think?

Can't argue with that, Piper.

--
Mike.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Stewart

wrote in message
oups.com...
my partner's mum is unable to start her Electorlux LC400 lawn mover and
i was wondering if something could be done to make it easier for her.
it's nearly new & starts perfectly for me but she doesn;t have the
strength

is there something that couild make it easier - maybe an electric
starter?

thanks
Frank

Can't help thinking this but is the obvious answer not to sell it and buy an
electric mower?

Stephen

Old 07-06-2006, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Bacon

Frank.Weaver wrote:
my partner's mum is unable to start her Electorlux LC400 lawn mover and
i was wondering if something could be done to make it easier for her.
it's nearly new & starts perfectly for me but she doesn;t have the
strength

is there something that couild make it easier - maybe an electric
starter?

What about bump-starting it?

Failing that, buy her a body-building course, or any electric
mower bar a f L eye mO (especially "compact").
Old 07-06-2006, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

wrote in message
oups.com...
my partner's mum is unable to start her Electorlux LC400 lawn mover and
i was wondering if something could be done to make it easier for her.
it's nearly new & starts perfectly for me but she doesn;t have the
strength

is there something that couild make it easier - maybe an electric
starter?

thanks
Frank

I don't know the model and its a long time since I used a pull
start for anything.

The problem maybe, is that by the way the thing is designed
you need to keep one hand on the handle to steadt the mavchine
while gaining sufficient momentum with a short sharp pull with
the other hand to start it.

Maybe if you could devise a way of securing the machine,
you could fit a longer cord with a handle at the end
which she could pull with both hands at once, maybe moving
back with her feet at the same time. This might deliver much
more momentum to the flywheel at the cost of very little extra
effort on her part.

michael adams

at once.